About Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
We’re almost as awesome as our clients! 🙂
Here’s a little about Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths’ history, experience and who we are. We love what we do and we love being able to help make great memories for our clients, every weekend, all year long. We also truly love helping many businesses, non-profits, schools and organizations have successful, memorable events & fundraisers, every month, all year! Jason & Diana, the husband & wife team, are the founders and owners of ABDJs.
Jason is a certified Master Teacher, (M.Ed. & MPAff) and has been a DJ since he was a kid! Jason still makes time to work with at-risk youth, helping the kids who need it most! He has provided music and entertainment for thousands of public and private events, concerts & festivals, since 1991! He’s basically been DJing longer than most of our competitors have been in business, or even alive, in some cases! haha 🙂 Jason says “if I won the lottery, I’d still continue to manage ABDJs and DJ weddings and events, because music and entertainment are my passion!”
Diana is a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), working towards becoming a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Diana has been DJing for 15 years and has provided music and entertainment for hundreds of public and private events. When Jason met Diana, he had no idea she was a DJ! It must have been fate! 🙂
ABDJs Was Born
When Jason & Diana met, Jason was in graduate school, working, and also DJing in the local Austin nightlife scene. Diana was finishing her Bachelor’s and entering graduate school at UT Austin, and DJing events, occasionally. Jason & Diana began to do more private events and realized that the Austin DJ companies just didn’t have the same talented DJs as the local nightlife scene. They decided to change this.
They did their research and recruited the best, most experienced, professional DJs in the Austin & central Texas area. Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths was born. Jason & Diana have very high expectations and only want the best people representing their brand! Currently, less than 1% of DJs who apply, make it onto the team. When they have time, Jason & Diana will personally DJ your wedding, quinceanera, or event.
Our Team's Resume
- The only Austin DJ company that has been hired to provide music and entertainment for numerous major festivals, concerts, and events in the Austin area, including: Austin City Limits (ACL) Music Festival, SXSW Conference & Festivals, Austin Trail of Lights, Formula 1 and MotoGP.
- We’ve been hired to DJ/MC for concerts & events with Country/Texas Country artists: Melissa Lawson, Honeybrowne, Casey Donahew, Stoney Larue & Kevin Fowler!
- We’re the only DJ company in Austin hired to DJ events with ’80s iconic artist Peter Gabriel, and with legendary artist, Stevie Wonder & Pop icon, Justin Timberlake!
- Individually, our DJs have done some amazing events with many of your favorite Country, Hip Hop, Tejano, and Latin artists, too.
- Every year, we have the pleasure of working with many of the top companies in Austin, Texas and numerous Fortune 500 companies!
Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths Gives Back
Due to their backgrounds, Jason & Diana always strive to give back to the Austin and central Texas community. ABDJs provides special, discounted rates for schools, non-profits and churches, because we truly care about the community we live in!
We truly believe in giving back to our community in any way that we can. We’ve helped numerous schools, churches, nonprofits and organizations reach their fundraising goals and have fun, memorable, successful events! We also help with community service projects, several times per year, teaming up with organizations such as Keep Austin Beautiful and United Way of Austin.
We were recently recognized by The City of Austin and Mayor Steve Adler, for our efforts and for what we love to do! September 22, is officially Austin’s Best DJs Day!
When We're Not DJing or Trying to Save the World...
Believe it or not, Jason & Diana do have some free time, when they’re not working, providing DJ and photo booth services, or doing things related to the business. Jason spends time with his family and 11 year old son, Elijah. They watch just about every new movie that comes out. Jason also loves to go to local concerts, discover new music, do DIY home projects, work out, travel to new places, and find awesome movies on Netflix! Doesn’t everybody? 🙂
Diana currently runs her own therapy practice, Austin Trauma Therapy Center, located in south Austin. Diana works with a variety of clients, making a difference, every day, in our community! When she’s not doing therapy or advocating for social change, she loves spending time in the gym, adventuring by travel, listening to oldies music, and hanging out with her family and fur baby, Roscoe.
Leaders in the Entertainment Industry
- We’ve been featured in Brides, Wedding Planner Magazine, My Wedding Songs, on KXAN News, and we’ve also been interviewed on Fox 7 Austin, discussing our wedding planning tips!
- Jason, ABDJs’ co-owner, writes DJ advice & tips for Mobile Beat Magazine, an industry leading magazine read by thousands of people, monthly! He’s also written for DJ Times Magazine.
- We also write our wedding/event planning tips and DJ blog, filled with our experiences, as well as helpful wedding and event planning tips. Our blog articles are read by thousands of couples and people every month!