Wedding Processional/Recessional Songs
Wedding processional/recessional songs are some of the most important songs for your wedding day! You definitely want to choose wedding songs that fit your personality, or something that speaks to you as a couple.
Sure, you could take the easy route and just play “Canon in D” from Pachabell, but that’s not you! You’re different and want your wedding to be different. That’s why you’re here, reading this, of course! 🙂
Last year, we wrote a similar article, 20 great non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs, which tons of people read, every day! What we noticed was that even the “non-traditional” wedding songs were starting to become the norm at many weddings.
Different Ceremony Processional/Recessional Songs
So… we decided to write another article, with different songs for you to consider. Feel free to read both articles and choose a song that works perfectly for your wedding ceremony!
If you’re looking for Country wedding song ideas, or Texas Country song ideas, please read our Texas Country Wedding Songs & Country Wedding Songs articles. Any of those songs are great for the ceremony and definitely for the dance!
Your Wedding Ceremony Music is Important!
A recent survey was done, and participants were asked what they remembered most, from weddings they attended. The majority of participants said they remember the food, music, and basically the key moments and songs (like the songs from walking down the aisle, the recessional song after the ceremony, first dance, parent dances, etc).
That is, the wedding processional/recessional songs (from the ceremony), first dance, bouquet/garter toss, and the last song of the night. I guess they weren’t paying attention to ALL of the other details or were probably on their phones. haha 🙂
That being said, at least they’ll remember the important moments, and your ceremony is by far one of the most important moments of your wedding day, of course! So here is our updated list of wedding processional/recessional songs for you to consider.
Some of the songs may be similar, as they’re great wedding songs, of course, but we don’t play or hear them as much as others. If you don’t know the song, just click the link to listen to it.
15 Not-Overplayed Ceremony Songs
1. “You’re the One That I Want” – Angus & Julia Stone (Yes, this is the song from Grease, but it’s an awesome cover)
2. “God Only Knows” – The Beach Boys (a classic, and great wedding song)
3. “Here Comes the Sun” – The Beatles (always a great song for any time during the wedding)
4. “Forever” – Ben Harper
5. “The Luckiest” – Ben Folds
6. “Best Part” HER ft Daniel Caesar
7. “La Vie En Rose” – Cristin Milioti (This is a great cover and actually from a “How I Met Your Mother episode, believe it or not)
8. “Speechless – Dan + Shay
9. “For My Wedding” – Don Henley
10.”You Are the Reason” Calum Scott
11. “Falling Like the Stars” James Arthur
12. “Songbird” – Fleetwood Mac (Just a great song for any time)
13. “In Case You Didn’t Know” – Brett Young
14. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Haley Reinhart (This is popular, and when you hear it, you’ll know why)
15. “Stand By Me” – Florence and the Machine (This song is a classic and this remake is great).
So there you have it, some different, non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs. You can use these for the first dance, candle or sand ceremony, or any moment, since they’re all great songs, that are not over-played.
If you want to take it a step further, you can even just get the instrumental remakes of any of these wedding songs, too! Happy planning and congratulations!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths