2023 Wedding Exit Songs: When it comes to your wedding day, there are numerous special moments that happen throughout the night. One moment that many couples forget about, is their wedding grand exit song. If you’re doing a send-off with sparklers, bubbles, glow sticks, or whatever you’re using, make your send-off more special, with a great song to exit to. You can also use any of these songs as a non-traditional wedding recessional song, too!
First, we’re going to list the grand exit, wedding exit songs. Then, we’ll list the best wedding recessional songs and first dance wedding songs, too. Again, many of these can be used for either moment.
Top 2023 Wedding Exit Songs List
These are the top 2022 wedding exit songs that we have seen being requested for our 2022 and spring 2023 weddings – yes, some clients have already sent us their song lists – those overachievers! 🙂 These are all great songs that are perfect for any time during the wedding.
- “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” – Queen. This is a classic, fun wedding exit song. People love to sing along to it!
- Stand by Me – Ben E. King
- Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks – Still an all-time crowd favorite. Everyone will sing along at the top of their longs to this one, no matter when you play it!
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey – Yes, this is still a wedding favorite and it seems to be timeless. We’re always surprised to see how everyone still knows the lyrics, no matter what age they are.
- You Make My Dreams Come True – Hall & Oates – This 80s classic is a great song to play, after the ceremony (recessional), during the dance, or as your grand exit!
- Time Of Your Life – Green Day – This is a slower song, but still a crowd favorite. If you think you may have a hard time getting your guests to go outside for the grand exit, a slow song may be a good idea. (DJ secret tip) 🙂
- “It’s a Beautiful Day” – U2.
- “Love on Top” Beyonce
- “Closing Time” – Semisonics – This song is usually played as a last song of the night song, but we’ve seen it played for the grand exit, too.
- “We Found Love” – Rhianna.
- “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life” – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – yes, this is from the 80’s movie “Dirty Dancing,” and still a favorite today!
- “Sweet Caroline” – Neil Diamond – a great song for your exit or any time during the reception. Guaranteed to get everyone singing and cheering!
- “Bye, Bye, Bye” – N’Sync – who doesn’t love a good boy band song? 🙂
- “Forever” – Chris Brown
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” Justin Timberlake
Top Wedding Recessional Songs
As promised, we’ll also list some of the best wedding recessional songs, too. These are the songs that are played after the wedding ceremony. These are mostly non-traditional songs, too. Here are a few great wedding recessional song ideas:
- “This Will Be An Everlasting Love” – Natalie Cole
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered” – Stevie Wonder
- “Marry You” – Bruno Mars
- “You Make My Dreams Come True” – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- “You’re My Best Friend” Queen
- “Forever” Chris Brown
- “You Are the Best Thing” – Ray LaMontagne
- I’m a Believer” Smashmouth
- “Best Day of My Life” – American Authors
- “Love on Top” Beyonce
- “Home” Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
- “September” Earth, Wind & Fire
- “On Top of the World” Imagine Dragons
- “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” – Queen
- “Forever and Ever, Amen” Randy Travis
We hope this 2023 wedding exit songs list has been helpful. There are numerous other great wedding songs to choose from, of course. If none of these songs fit you and your style, be sure to choose a song that truly fits you! We’ve seen many other songs used, as well, but these are the most popular songs we see at our Austin, San Antonio, and central Texas weddings.
Be sure to check out our Non-Traditional Processional/Recessional Songs For Your Wedding article, Wedding Grand Entrance Tips article, as well as our Top 15 Texas Country Wedding Songs article for other great wedding song ideas for your wedding! We’ve also got a “not overplayed wedding songs” article, for more, great wedding recessional song ideas.
We hope your wedding day goes just the way you want it to. Happy wedding planning!
p.s. Visit our wedding DJs page for info about our wedding DJ services!