25th & 50th Wedding Anniversary Ideas – Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths
At some point, every married couple starts thinking about the big 5-0. That’s right, 50 years of marriage! To celebrate such an extraordinary, huge milestone, couples often go all out in order to make their big day unforgettable. Perhaps they renew their vows, have a special anniversary cake, or even find a unique location to host their party.
25th and 50th wedding anniversary parties are also known as Silver Anniversary & Golden Anniversary celebrations. Wedding anniversaries are a fun, memorable milestone and a major accomplishment to celebrate! We’ve seen quite a few great ideas that people have implemented, to help celebrate the special occasion and happy couple! We thought we’d share these ideas with you, to help provide some inspiration if you’re planning a 50th wedding anniversary celebration.
Should You Hire a Wedding/Event Planner for Your Anniversary Party?
Planning 50th wedding anniversaries is not an easy task. It can become more stressful if you don’t have a clear vision of what you want. First, remember that this is a special milestone to celebrate and that planning this event should not be stressful. It should be fun! You’re basically planning a fun party for you and your close friends & closest family members to enjoy. It’s almost like planning a second wedding, minus the major stress and pressure! 🙂
If you do find that it’s too stressful, it’s definitely a great idea to hire a planner. Feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to refer you to one of our preferred event planners. So whether you hire an event planner, or plan it with the help of your family and friends, just remember, this is a celebration of a great marriage and the goal is to have fun!
Find a Venue
Now that you keep this in mind, it’s time to plan the party! First, find a venue that will allow you to invite the number of guests you want to invite. If you’re having a smaller event with a guest list under 50, you can even consider having the party in someone’s backyard. If that’s not suitable, then your first goal is to find an adequate venue, within your price range. Check out our “wedding venue page” for a list of venues we work with, often.
Next, plan what type of food you’ll serve at your celebration. If you’re having an earlier celebration, consider brunch! You could serve brunch and Mimosas! If you’re on a budget, consider serving heavy appetizers.
If you’re having a late afternoon or evening event, you can discuss different options with your caterer. You don’t have to serve a traditional meal, either. We’ve seen more and more people breaking tradition and even serving pizza at their wedding. There are no rules. You do what fits your personality and budget, best!
If possible, ask for gold plates, or at least have decor with gold accents, if you’re using paper plates. It’s a good idea to use gold plates that at least don’t look
Hire a DJ or Band
Besides feeding your guests, you need to consider entertainment. You can hire a band, or hire a DJ. Be sure to talk to your entertainment and let them know about the occasion. Consider the type of music you want and the age ranges of the guests that will be attending. Contact us, and we’ll be happy to discuss your event options and entertainment needs with you. 🙂
Additional Entertainment Options
Besides hiring a DJ or band, you have plenty of other entertainment options. You could always add a photo booth, karaoke, lawn games, hire a caricature artist, face painter, etc. Check out our DJ and photo booth packages and optional upgrades, to see what we offer and see what options you can consider for your event, even if you’re not booking with us!
Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
When it comes to great ideas for a 25th & 50th-anniversary party, we’ve seen plenty of great ideas at the parties we’ve provided our services for. Here are a few great ideas:
- Slide Show – A slide show of lots of great memories & photos of the couple is a must. Be sure to keep it under 10 minutes, though. Any longer and you’ll lose your guests’ attention. We have a great projector and screen, for this. Be sure to ask your venue if they have one available, and the cost, if any.
- Decor – Use the years of marriage as a reference for fun decor and party favors. Consider silver decor for a 25th celebration and gold decor and color scheme for a 50th. Using the years, an example would be, if they got married in 1971 (50 year anniversary), you can include decor such as posters or pictures or table decorations, from that year. You could list a few favorite songs from 1971, along with pictures of the couple, from that year. You could have pictures of movies from that year, as well.
- Vintage Photo Booth – This is one of our favorite 25th & 50th-anniversary party ideas! We have the option to print black and white photos, for a more vintage look. You can also purchase vintage props, happy anniversary signs, and props, etc. You can also get a life-sized photo cutout of the special couple, to take pictures with, at the photo booth. You can even include text on the photo strips with the original wedding date, or actual anniversary if the party is not on that date. Be sure to add a photo album to keep the photos from the event.
- Music Selection – You can choose music from important years, for the DJ to play. You could have the DJ announce “this song was #1, in 1971, when the couple got married.” For dinner, the DJ/band could play songs from only 1971. You could have the DJ/band play the song they first danced to, as well, to open up the dance floor. We’ve also done events where we made announcements for songs from the entire span of the marriage, such as This song was #1 when they celebrated their 5th, 10th, 15th, 25th, anniversary, etc.
- Themed Clothing – You can have everyone dress up in clothing from the decade that the couple got married! This is always fun and a great way to celebrate.
25th & 50th Wedding Annversary Gifts
If you’re looking for the perfect gift for the couple, consider a traditional gift or a special gift that was custom-made for the couple, such as a painting or portrait. Perhaps you can find a wedding day picture and have it framed in a frame with a gold accent or gold glitter. Other gifts include a gold pen with a special message engraved on it, an eternity rose, a gold necklace, or even just a gift card to the couple’s favorite restaurant or vacation place makes a great gift!
These are just a few of the many ideas we’ve seen for 25th & 50th wedding anniversary parties. Overall, having lots of friends and family, present, to celebrate the occasion, is the most important part!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths