We provide DJs and photo booths for a lot of 25th and 50th wedding anniversary parties in the Austin and central Texas area. They’re also known as Silver Anniversary & Golden Anniversary celebrations. They are always so much fun! Wedding anniversaries are a fun, memorable milestone to celebrate! We’ve seen quite a few great ideas that people have implemented, to help celebrate the special occasion! We thought we’d share these ideas with you, to help provide some inspiration if you’re planning a wedding anniversary party.
Should You Hire a Wedding/Event Planner for Your Anniversary Party?
First, remember that this is a special milestone to celebrate and that planning this event should not be stressful. It should be fun! You’re basically planning a fun, party for you and your guests to enjoy. It’s almost like planning a second wedding, minus the stress and pressure! 🙂 If you find that it’s too stressful, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to provide our event planning services. So whether you hire an event planner, or plan it with the help of your family and friends, just remember, this is a celebration of a great marriage and the goal is to have fun!
Find a Venue
Now that you keep this in mind, it’s time to plan the party! First, find a venue that will allow you to invite the number of guests you want to invite. If you’re having a smaller event, you can even consider having the party in someone’s backyard. If that’s not suitable, then your first goal is to find an adequate venue, within your price range. Check out our “recommended wedding vendors page” for a list of venues we work with, often.
Next, plan what type of food you’ll serve at your celebration. If you’re having an earlier celebration, consider brunch! You could serve brunch and Mimosas! If you’re on a budget, consider serving heavy appetizers.
If you’re having a late afternoon or evening event, you can discuss different options with your caterer. You don’t have to serve a traditional meal, either. We’ve seen more and more people breaking tradition and even serving pizza at their wedding. There are no rules. You do what fits your personality and budget, best!
Hire a DJ or Band
Besides feeding your guests, you need to consider entertainment. You can hire a band, or hire a DJ. Be sure to talk to your entertainment and let them know about the occasion. Consider the type of music you want and the age ranges of the guests that will be attending. Contact us, and we’ll be happy to discuss your event options and entertainment needs with you. 🙂
Additional Entertainment Options
Besides hiring a DJ or band, you have plenty of other entertainment options. You could always add a photo booth, karaoke, lawn games, hire a caricature artist, face painter, etc. Check out our DJ and photo booth packages and optional upgrades, to see what we offer and see what options you can consider for your event, even if you’re not booking with us!
Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
When it comes to great ideas for a 25th & 50th-anniversary party, we’ve seen plenty of great ideas at the parties we’ve provided our services for. Here are a few great ideas:
- Slide Show – A slide show of lots of great memories, is a must. Be sure to keep it under 10 minutes, though. Any longer and you’ll lose your guests’ attention. We have a great projector and screen, for this. Be sure to ask your venue if they have one available, and the cost if any.
- Decor – Use the years of marriage as a reference for fun decor. For example, if they got married in 1968 (50 year anniversary), you can include decor such as posters or pictures or table decorations, from that year. You could list a few #1 hit songs from 1968, along with pictures of the couple, from that year. You could have pictures of movies from that year, as well.
- Vintage Photo Booth – This is one of our favorite 25th & 50th-anniversary party ideas! We have the option to print black and white photos, for a more vintage look. You can also purchase vintage props, happy anniversary signs, and props, etc. You can also get a life-sized photo cutout of the couple, to take pictures with, at the photo booth. Those are always fun!
- Music Selection – You can choose music from important years, for the DJ to play. You could have the DJ announce “this song was #1, in 1968, when the couple got married.” For dinner, the DJ/band could play songs from only 1968. You could have the DJ/band play the song they first danced to, as well. We’ve also done events where we made announcements for songs from the entire span of the marriage, such as This song was #1 when they celebrated their 5th, 10th, 15th, 25th, anniversary, etc.
- Themed Clothing – You can have everyone dress up in clothing from the decade that the couple got married! This is always fun and a great way to celebrate.
These are just a few of the many ideas we’ve seen for 25th & 50th wedding anniversary parties. Overall, having lots of friends and family, present, to celebrate the occasion, is the most important part!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths