PARTY DJ AUSTIN
Wedding & Event Planning Tips
Relax, we're here to help!
Photo booth rentals have become a must-have for weddings, events, and parties. Photo booths are a great way to keep your guests entertained for hours on end. Guests love being able to take their photos home with them, or being able to share the photos on social media, at the event.
With such a huge demand, there are many photo booth rental companies that are trying to keep up, and even more companies popping up every month! There are a lot of choices for photo booths, as well as wedding or event entertainment in general. Choosing between companies can be difficult and sometimes, overwhelming. It seems like they may all say the exact same thing. It almost seems as if they copy and paste the exact same emails and website info.
Fortunately, we're here to help you figure out how to find the photo booth rental company that best meets your needs. Note: this is an objective article and by no means are we simply trying to sell you our products or services. We are here to help you and not sell anything. Here are the top 7 tips to help you decide which photo booth company is best for your needs.
1. Company Reputation - In the service business, reputation is everything! Be sure to do your homework and research the companies on your top 3-5 list. Look at the reviews and be sure to look for recent reviews. If the company hasn't had a review in several months, you have to wonder why. The most recent 3 months of reviews are going to tell you how the company is doing, now. If you see one bad review, don't lose all hope. Find out what the complaint was and more importantly how did the company respond to the review?
2. Photo Print Quality - Find out what type of printer the photo booth company uses. The brand should not matter too much, so long as it is a dye sub printer. Be sure to specifically ask if this is what they use. If not, then the photo quality may not be as good as you should expect it to be. If you're going for a vintage style, do they offer black and white photos?
3. Space Considerations - Check with your venue manager to determine the best space for the photo booth. Find out where they normally have the photo booth setup. We generally ask for an 8X8 foot space. Also, the photo booth should be setup as close as possible to where the guests are. If it's setup in an area that's not easily visible to your guests, many guests will not see the photo booth and therefore, not use it. If possible, have the photo booth in the same room as the DJ or band. Sometimes venues are limited and the photo booth must be in a different room or outside, which may limit the number of guests that use it. If the photo booth has to be in a different area, be sure to have the DJ or band announce when the photo booth is open and where it is located, throughout the evening.
4. Photo Sharing & Printing Options - Find out what type of printouts you'll get. Will you get the usual 2X6 strips, or a 4X6 photo? Are the printouts unlimited? If not, how much extra will it be for unlimited printouts? Find out if you or your guests are able to text or email the photos to their phones or share to social media. If this is an option, is it an extra charge? Will you have regular photos, or are you able to also have GIFs? The ability to produce GIFs is also a nice touch!
5. Photo Booth Lighting - What type of lighting will you have at the photo booth? How many lights will be provided? Be sure not to have the photo booth too close to the DJ or band, since they often have dance floor lighting that may shine on the guests at the photo booth. No one wants to take home pictures with green and red dots on their face.
6. Props - Find out if your company will include props. If they do, how many will be included? What kind of props? If you have a special theme, will they be able to provide props similar to your theme? If they do not include props, how much extra will it cost?
7. Backdrop Options - For the open-air photo booth rentals, backdrops are used. Many companies offer both an open-air photo booth rental, and the traditional, enclosed photo booth. We usually recommend the open-air photo booth for larger events, since more people can fit into each picture. Find out what type of backdrops your company offers. Do they include any particular backdrops with your rental or are they extra? What colors do they offer? Are colored backdrops an extra charge?
Another fun option is to have a green screen. Green screen is a fun option since you can create your custom backdrop. For example, your guests could be taking their photos in front of the Eiffel Tower!
Overall, just remember that you are in charge of your entertainment. There’s a photo booth rental company for all budget. Be sure to book with the company that best fits your needs and budget. Remember, not everyone is a dancer, so having a photo booth or other entertainment options is always a great idea! As always, contact us for any questions and we'll be happy to help!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths