When it comes to 90s dance music for weddings & events, we’ve got you covered! When planning a wedding, many people want to play music from a variety of genres, to be sure all of their guests are happy. This is a good idea since playing only what you like will make you happy, but perhaps not all of your guests.
One genre that is definitely making it onto every wedding playlist is the 90s! This is because today, many of the “90s babies” are tying the knot. Music from your childhood and teen years can leave a long-lasting impression. The nostalgia of hearing Britney Spears, or the Backstreet Boys, after you’ve had a few cocktails sure can liven up your party! 🙂
So let’s get to a list of 90s dance music and hits that is sure to liven up your reception! We’ll list 21 hits and give you a link to find many other great hits.
Top 10, 90s Dance Music Songs For Weddings & Events
- “Friends in Low Places” – Garth Brooks – yes, this song is still a crowd favorite!
- “Wannabe” – Spice Girls
- “Everybody” – Backstreet Boys
- “This is How We Do It” – Montell Jordan
- “Baby Got Back” – Sir Mix a Lot – This is not quite as popular as it used to be, but it still gets played
- “I Want it That Way” – Backstreet Boys
- “Mambo No. 5” – Lou Bega
- “Jump Around” – House of Pain – yes, everyone will be jumping around and singing this 🙂
- “Man I Feel Like a Woman” – Shania Twain
- “Cotton Eye Joe” – Rednex – there are a variety of versions of this, but it’s still a popular song
Those are the top 10, most-requested 90s dance music for weddings and events. Let’s get to the next 11, now.
More Great 90s Wedding & Party Hit Songs
- “Ice Ice Baby” – Vanilla Ice – you know this had to make it onto the playlist 🙂
- “Macarena” – Los Del Rio – people of all ages still know how to do this dance, even kids!
- “No Diggity” – Blackstreet
- “Boot Scootin Boogie” – Brooks & Dunn
- “Pony” Ginuwine – this song is popular for the garter toss
- “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” – Aerosmith (to be honest, we shed a tear when watching Armageddon) 🙂
- ” I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” – Proclaimers – this song sounds like an 80s song, but it’s 90s
- “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It” – Will Smith
- “All the Small Thing” – Blink 182
- “Suavemente” – Elvis Crespo – if you include just a few Latin songs on your list, this should definitely be one!
- “Can’t Touch This” – MC Hammer – yes, people still love this song! 🙂
As you know, there are plenty of more awesome 90s dance hit songs that are sure to get your guests moving and shaking at your wedding or event! Here’s a link to our most requested music library, to find more great songs. 90’s hit songs for weddings
We hope this ’90s dance music list has been helpful. If you want to learn more about our wedding DJ services, visit our wedding DJs page. If you need more great song ideas, check out the rest of our library, or this blog. We’ve got tons of great wedding and event planning tips for you! Happy Planning!
-Austin’s Best DJs