PARTY DJ AUSTIN
Wedding & Event Planning Tips
Relax, we're here to help!
Awesome Wedding at Addison Grove - Austin, TX
Friday, we had a great time providing a wedding DJ for a fun couple, from Victoria, Texas, at the Addison Grove, in Austin, TX. We provided a DJ and uplighting, at this wedding. We were joined by several great vendors:
Hair & Makeup - Ashley Cooper
Catering: PEJ Events
Video: John Martin
Photography: Feather & Twine
Photo Booth: Oh Happy Day
DJ & Lighting: Austin's Best DJs
Mr. & Mrs. Lerma were joined by several members from their church, who all came to help make this wedding amazing! They had live music performed by their friends from the church, for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and their first dance! Everything turned out just the way our couple envisioned it, which is always our goal! :) Jason & Diana personally DJed this wedding and kept guests dancing, all night long! We were honored to be a part of their special day! Congrats, again, to Mr. & Mrs. Lerma!
A Fun Wedding at TerrAdorna - Manor, TX
Friday, we provided a DJ and lighting for a great wedding at TerrAdorna, in Manor, Texas. This fun couple booked with us and planning was a bit hard, since the groom was a firefighter, working in Afghanistan! The time difference made it hard to communicate, but we made it work! We're so glad everything turned out well for Mr. & Mrs. Wheeler! Jimmy, our DJ, did a great job keeping the guests dancing, all night! Thanks to the groom for your awesome service! Congrats, again, Mr. & Mrs. Wheeler!
A Great Fundraiser at The Barn at Bell Springs - Austin, TX
Saturday, we provided a DJ and uplighting for a fundraiser for The Polo Club. The event took place at The Barn at Bell Springs, in Austin, TX. There was a silent auction, as well as several great raffles that took place, to help raise funds for this great organzation! Jason and Diana played a mix of fun 70's, 80's, 90's, Country & Top 40, to keep the guests entertained, all evening. Casino Knights provided the casino games, as well. We're glad the event was a success!
We look forward to numerous weddings and events, this weekend!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
So you're having a wedding or special event, soon. How do I know this? Because you wouldn't be reading this, if you weren't. :) Everyone wants to have a great wedding, birthday party, quinceanera, or special event, and if you can save some money in the process, why not do so? Here are some easy tips on how to have a fabulous wedding or event, and save money, too!
We actually were interviewed on "Good Day Austin," on Fox 7 News, discussing this very blog! If you didn't catch it, here are the tips. :)
1. Take your time - Not only is "Take Your Time" a great Country song by Sam Hunt, but it's great advice! The average length of engagement is 14 months, but it can certainly be longer. Why? The longer your engagement, the longer you have to save money and plan your big day! This goes for planning any event, such as a quinceanera, anniversary, birthday party or special event. You already know the date, so the sooner you get started planning, the better chance you'll have to save!
2. Don't Get Saturday Night Fever - Though "Saturday Night Fever" was an iconic 70's movie, don't catch it! Saturday weddings are the norm and venue owners and vendors know this. You'll always pay the "normal," premium price for a Saturday wedding or event. Book your event on a Friday, Sunday, or even a weekday, and save some serious money!
3. Consider the Off-Season - Have a wedding or event in the "off-season" and save lots of money! Wedding season is typically March - late July, in central Texas. Fall weddings are becoming increasingly popular, too! Now, fall weddings and events, September - mid-November, are just as expensive as Spring events. If you can have a wedding or event in the "off-season," December - February, you'll save a lot of money on your venue and possibly, your vendors! Be sure to find out when the off-season is for your area.
4. Use Non-Required Vendors - Many venue owners have a written or verbal contract with vendors, and many times, they will receive a referral fee, for each booking the vendor gets from this venue. Though this is great for them, but it's not for you! Why? Simply because the vendors are not going to lose that referral fee. Chances are, they'll raise their prices to cover that fee and you'll end up paying a premium price for the "preferred vendor." Some venues will even charge you a fee, if you don't use their vendors. Feel free to dispute this fee. They want your business, so it doesn't hurt to try.
5. Shop Around - Always, shop around. With the internet, it's so easy to get quotes from various vendors. Don't book the first vendor with the lowest price. Remember to look at the value of what you're paying for, not simply the lowest price. You may get more value from a vendor who is not the cheapest! Always ask what comes with the service. If you need to hire a great DJ or photo booth in the Austin, Texas area, we know of one! :)
6. Use One Venue - Have your wedding ceremony and reception in the same place, if possible. This way, you won't have to pay the rental fee for two different venues. Many venues offer an outdoor ceremony area and indoor reception area, for one, flat fee. Just ask your wedding officiant to perform the service at your venue. This also saves time and saves your guests from having to travel to different venues.
7. Don’t be Afraid to Ask for More – Weddings and events are great moments, for you, your families and friends, but don’t forget, for venue owners and vendors, though it’s always nice to be a part of someone’s special day, it’s still business. Ask the venue owner/manager, what’s included with the price? Do they offer table linen and chairs with the price, or are they extra? With vendors, ask the same question, what’s included with the price? Then follow it up with “If I decide to book, today, will you throw in anything free or extras?” It doesn’t hurt to ask.
8. Consider a Restaurant - We're seeing more and more weddings and parties held at local restaurants, versus wedding or event venues. Most restaurants have a minimum person fee, many start at 50 guests. Restaurant managers will simply charge you for the food and drinks, for your guests, and not a venue rental fee. They'll set up the room, tables, linen, decor, etc., AND they'll clean up, afterwards, too. Saving you the time and hassle of doing this! You can also ask about hiring your DJ or band to come in and play, for the reception.
9. Take it to the House - The courthouse, that is. Consider getting married at the courthouse, to save a ton of money. You'll simply pay the filing fee, about $85, in Travis county. This saves you the time and stress of planning your ceremony, hiring ceremony musicians or a DJ, planning the ceremony, etc. This will leave you time to focus on planning a great reception. This will also mean you'll save money on your venue, since the number of hours will be less (you won't need time for the ceremony and cocktail hour). Yes, this is not the same thing as getting married in front of all your family and friends, but if you're on a tight budget, this is an option.
10. Consider Other Dinner Options - Many restaurants offer on-site catering for phenomenally less than the typical wedding/event catering companies. Call around and get quotes. Be sure to know the number of guests you'll have. Many weddings we've done served BBQ, for dinner. You can save lots of money doing this, and it's Texas, so nearly everyone loves BBQ! Be sure to have healthy and vegetarian options, too.
Additionally, always serve buffet style, not plated. Plated dinners always cost a lot more. If you really want to save, you can serve heavy appetizers throughout the event, as well.
11. Reconsider the Cake - Though cakes are traditional for weddings, quinceaneras, and other events, they're not required. The wedding police won't show up at your event if you opt to serve something else. Many couples have a small wedding cake for them to cut, and then serve sheet cake from Sam's Club or Costco, or cupcakes, to their guests. Other weddings we've done have served cookies, donuts, and even apples! One wedding had decorated apples for the bride and groom, and each table was served a bucket with a variety of chocolate-covered or candied apples. Great idea!
12. Consider Your Drink Options - When it comes to drinks and cocktails, find out if the venue will let you bring your own alcohol. You can simply buy as much as you'd like, and when you're out, you're out. You can simply buy a keg of your favorite beer, and serve 1-2 types of wine, and perhaps 1-2 signature cocktails. This will save a lot of money! Be sure to hire a TABC certified bartender, so your guests don't get over-served and make it home safely.
13. Flower Power – The power of flowers is real, except you don’t get to throw fireballs at things, unless you’re Mario or Luigi, from Mario Bros. Real or fake flowers? Depending upon which kind of flower you choose, real or fake flowers can cost nearly the same. If you’re dead set on real flowers, always choose in-season flowers. If you choose fake flowers, scent can also be added! Keep in mind, roses will always cost more, so consider other types of flowers. We’ve done many weddings without flowers, except the bouquet, and to be honest, no one came up to us and asked “Where are the flowers?” No one will really miss them, honestly.
Don’t forget, your local grocery store sells flowers at a fraction of the cost! Give them plenty of notice, and you can get a great deal on flowers, versus the local florist. You can also get great cakes, much cheaper, too!
14. Second Beats First, Sometimes – Though second place is rarely seen as better than first, it can be with décor. Go on Craigslist, and look for wedding décor. You’ll see lots of recent newlyweds selling décor and other items from their wedding. You can save a lot of money buying items second-hand, and no one will notice!
15. Be Your Own DJ – You can certainly “be your own DJ” for a fraction of the cost. Simply create a playlist of your favorite music, hook up your laptop or iPod to the venue’s sound system, and you’ll hear your favorite tunes, all night! Don’t forget that your guests have a variety of musical taste, so include various genres. If your venue doesn’t have a sound system, rent one from a local musical instrument rental store.
Keep in mind, your playlist will not change, take requests, mix the music, or “read the crowd.” Your playlist won’t know when to change genres, like a good DJ will. You will need to have someone “MC” key moments, so you may have to hire someone or have a friend/family member do this. You’ll need dance floor lights, to create the fun atmosphere, too.
16. Know When You Need a DJ – Plan out your timeline and find out when you actually need your DJ to start playing. Keep in mind, DJs charge for their time, hourly, so be sure to ask if set up and break-down is included with the price, or charged separately. If the wedding or event is small, consider only using the DJ for the reception. Often times, we’ll be booked for the ceremony and reception, but the officiant didn’t really need the microphone, since the venue was so small. Think about dinner, too. You can create your own playlist, as mentioned above, and bring a good stereo system to play it during dinner, saving you the cost of having the DJ play music during that time.
17. DIY Your Wedding/Event Photo booth – You’ll need to buy all the props from Amazon or your local party store, buy your backdrop, a few stands to set up your backdrop, and you’ll have an open-air photo booth! Guests can take pictures with their phones. Set up an Instagram wedding account with whatever hashtag you choose, ask your guests to tag your wedding account and voila, your guests' pictures will all be there! Your guests won’t be able to have their own photo strips to take home, though. You’ll also have to set up and break-down the photo booth area. Check out our Simple, Affordable DIY Photo Booth Options blog, for more great photo booth ideas!
18. Deposits & Payments – Ask about the amount of the deposits, when they’re due, cancellation policies, etc. Many vendors charge 50% of the total cost, for the deposit. Though this is okay, be sure to ask if this is flexible. Can you pay 25%? Why not? Can you pay the total amount in payments? Is there a charge to do this? Get receipts for everything you pay, and always correspond via email, so you have it in writing, too. Vendors sometimes require full payment, before the event happens. Be careful when doing this. Sometimes, the vendors can be late, not fulfill their end of the contract, etc., and you’ve already paid them. Ask if payment can be made the day of the event.
19. Get it in Writing – Though this doesn’t seem like a tip to save money, it actually is. I can’t tell you the number of times we’ve received calls that their DJ or photo booth service won’t return their calls, and they’ve already paid the deposit! These customers lost their deposit, and then had to hire us, anyway. Be smart, get it in writing!
20. Do Your Research – Do your research on vendors, the venue, planning tips, etc. Look for reviews. Remember, no business can have 100% positive reviews. You can’t please people 100% of the time, it’s just not possible. Look at the date of the reviews. Look for different sources: Google, Wedding Wire, Yelp, Facebook, The Knot, etc. If you’re reading this, then you’re obviously doing your research! Way to go! Certainly feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need any advice, and we’ll be happy to help!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
How many of us have ever dealt with the stress of a major work project, or the anxiety of meeting a deadline while trying to remain in control of everything? (Everyone raises hands). Right, same here. Let’s face it, stress sucks, but anxiety is hell. Now, when you factor in planning the most important day of your life, that day you’ve always dreamed of as a little girl, and all of those tiny little mental notes of “I have to have that at my wedding, I need this at my wedding, or at my wedding,” you tell yourself when you see a cute decoration, or wedding idea, it truly magnifies the stress and anxiety!
But wait, it gets worse! There are so many details that go along with planning the most important day of your life. You need to choose a venue, book your wedding DJ or band, find a good catering company, create/edit your guest list, get decor, book your photo booth rental, and oh yeah, the cake, or will I serve cupcakes? If I choose a DJ, will they show up, are they even good, should I have an indoor or outdoor wedding, how much will all this cost me?? See what I mean! As a Clinical Therapist, I can tell you that anxiety stems from trying to maintain control of situations that often cannot be controlled, like the WEATHER!
So, if this sounds like you, or if you find yourself hyper-focused on all the infinite details of the wedding and it's causing you stress and anxiety, you may want to try some of these simple strategies to alleviate the stress related to planning your wedding.
Hopefully, you’ll find refuge in some of these simple techniques on stress and anxiety reductions, while planning your big day. Good luck to you, and happy planning!
- Diana LMSW (Austin's Best DJs Co-owner/Founder) :)
When it comes to photo booth rentals for weddings, the question we get asked the most, is "how much are your photo booth rentals for a wedding?" This is much easier to answer than the "how much do wedding djs cost?" Why? Simply because DJ and photo booth events are far different and have very different equipment and needs.
We can't speak for every company, but we will tell you about how our company does things and give you an idea of what other companies do, as well. Simply put, yes, some companies may charge more for weddings, than other events. The bottom line for us: NO, we don't charge more for weddings versus other events! So let's answer the photo booth question, now.
These are just some of the many factors that go into the pricing of photo booth services. Other factors that may influence photo booth pricing are: your market area (a wedding in Manhattan will be far more expensive than a wedding in Lubbock, Texas), the company's reputation and length of time in business (new companies, just starting out will always charge less, just to get the business), and many other factors. Be ready to discuss all of the above details with every photo booth company you contact.
One last word of advice: ALWAYS get a contract and read their reviews! If they don't provide you with a contract, don't do business with them! If they don't have any recent reviews or any reviews, be careful! Many companies will get bad reviews, and simply take down their business info from all sites, create a new business name, and start all over. They know the importance of reviews, and the impact of bad, recent reviews. so if they have no recent reputation, ask them why?
As shady as this sounds, it happens A LOT in our industry. :( We've gotten many calls from people who's DJ or photo booth provider took their deposit (often 50% of the fees) and vanished! This is TERRIBLE! We hate these calls and are glad to book with them because we know, without a doubt, we'll NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, do this! We will always be there at any event we book, ready to help everyone have an amazing time! Whether you book a DJ, photo booth, lighting, games, or any service, this is what we will do. We run our business with integrity because that's just who we are. We treat our clients the way we wanted to be treated when we were getting married, looking for our own wedding vendors.
As always, if you have any questions or need more info, feel free to contact us. If you're having a wedding or event in our area, be sure to visit our photo booth rental page! We're always happy to help, even if you're not booking with us!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
MC & Photo Booth Rental
This past weekend, we had a blast hosting the Leander Bluegrass Festival! Jason and Diana personally worked this fun event! Jason was the MC for the entire event, while Diana kept the guests entertained at the photo booth, both evenings!
The festival featured several arts & crafts vendors, lots of great food vendors, and of course great Bluegrass bands! Friday night, we had: Helium Taxi, Hot Pickin 57s, and The Piney Grove Ramblers all did an amazing job playing some great music, all evening! Saturday night, Buffalo Grass Band, Eddie and the Edibles, and Posey Hill, all played amazing music, throughout the night, too! Hundreds of Leander residents came out to support the event and all enjoyed the festival, food, and fun!
Thanks to Heather, from Leander Parks & Rec, for having us at the festival. We look forward to the next event!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Tags: Leander DJ, Leander photo booth rental
It's time to be honest with everyone!
It’s useless to pretend that brides and grooms-to-be are calm and relaxed in the weeks leading up to their weddings, when it’s just not true. No matter what you’re hearing from your bridesmaids, or groomsmen, what you're claiming, if you’re in the wedding planning group or the bride/groom, it’s time to face the facts. Being blasé about the wedding just isn’t going to cut it anymore. Even though this is an event to remember for the rest of your life, the days of leading up to the wedding are full of angst, stress and general nervousness - basically, not a good place to be!
So, what can you do to ease the pressure and help release the pent up tension and stress before one of the most important days of your life? We’re glad you asked because one of the very best things we can do for our brides and grooms is to gently, (but resolutely) nudge them in the direction of a good, old, hearty massage - a great wedding party option, too!
Not only will a relaxing massage help to calm and soothe even the most stressed out bride or groom, but this ancient practice has a multitude of health benefits as well. Want to know more? Let’s knead these knots out …
Massage has a wealth of health benefits (and health is wealth)
Massages are one of those difficult to find, gorgeous anomalies of life. Most of us would find it hard to source something that feels as magical as a massage, while being great for us physically, as well as mentally, too. It’s like having a guilty pleasure you don’t have to hide from anyone and when was the last time you had one of those, right? It’s a keeper in our opinion - like ice cold homemade lemonade on a boiling summer day minus all the sinful associated culpabilities.
Massage has a wide assortment of properties that improve health, such as better blood circulation, improved flexibility and mobility, quicker rehabilitation of muscular injuries, reduced stress and much more. Here’s a more detailed list of massage benefits in case you still need some convincing on why this would be the ultimate bachelorette (or bachelor) party idea! A massage won’t only assist with taking care of a stressed out bride, but will also be a unique memorable experience - basically, it’s a win-win!
Massage is an Ancient Solution, Worth its Weight in Gold
Massage has been practiced by our ancestors for centuries now. Used in regions such as India, China, Greece and Egypt (to mention a few) massage was once a wonderful necessity rather than the luxury it is in the modern world, and was widely recognized as a vital precautionary measure to keeping sickness away. Unfortunately, the concept of massage has slowly been eroded as a potential healing solution to one that many of us assign as extra spending money. However, there is now significant evidence that proclaims massage as a therapeutic solution to many of the common day ailments we all encounter - one that not only saves us money in the future as a precautionary measure instead of a cure (with diseases such as stress, etc. going untreated for prolonged periods), but best of all, as a completely natural option! It’s the perfect answer for brides or grooms that require some much needed unwinding before their big days!
Massage Doesn’t Just Make You Feel Good, It Makes You Look Good, Too
When you’re feeling good on the inside, it shows on the outside, too! This is probably the single most important feeling any bride or groom should be experiencing on his/her big day! Remember the saying, beauty is only skin deep? Though this may be true for our souls (another blog post topic), when it relates to our health, it is an entirely different matter. When we feel healthy on the inside, it’s going to show on the outside.
This is why we’re constantly being assaulted with messages of how we need to pay more attention to what we put into our bodies. For decades, medical research has strongly suggested a pivotal correlation between stress and ailments such as the cold and flu, alongside more serious life threatening diseases such as cancer, as well. Plus, sickness and feeling under the weather is the last thing any bride or groom wants to have to deal with on their wedding day, so massage is a lifesaver, literally! A relaxing massage helps to destroy anxiety, which in turn makes us feel and look better!
The peaceful calmness that lasts long after a massage is completed should be reason enough to gift this wonderful art our ancestors have been using for centuries to our favorite bride or groom-to-be. Massage is an amazing gift for anyone and frankly, who deserves some tender loving care more than a new bride or groom? No one, that’s who! :)
Now, if I've managed to inspire you to go down the natural path, be sure to check out our Completely Free Natural Hair Checklist that is easy and simple to adopt today! It won’t hurt. :)
Do you have any inspiring massage stories to share that could help brides/grooms-to-be and/or those organizing the most memorable party there ever was? Let us know in the comments section!
Mituri is the Marketing/PR Lead for Nim-Véda Australia, a company dedicated to the provision of an Organic based Ayurvedic Personal Care Range & Certified Organic/Organic High Quality Gourmet Raw Ingredients from India & Australia. Mituri writes for a variety of Print Magazines, Online Health Publications and Natural Product Science Journals in the general well-being, Health & Organic Space.
So we're updating this article, since it's been a bit since we wrote this. If you're on your company's holiday party planning committee, it's REALLY time to book your DJ, photo booth, Karaoke, games, or whatever other entertainment you're considering for your Austin or central Texas holiday party!
It's mid-October and time is running out. Even though the weather may not feel like the holidays are approaching, they are! Though this cool front sure is nice1 :) We have right around 6 weeks until Thanksgiving and a little over 10 weeks until Christmas! At the time of this writing, we have about 73 days until Christmas. Yes, we even included a countdown timer for those of you who are super organized and want to know exactly how much time you have left. It may make many people nervous, too (sorry). :)
With that being said, people will start booking their holiday party entertainment around early September. This week we were flooded with calls and emails for holiday parties and fall festivals! We're always happy to help, if we're open. Remember, there are only 4 weekends to have your holiday party, until Christmas, if you're doing it in December. We've actually even booked Friday 11/30/18, for two holiday parties, already, too!
Oh, and by the way, you don't have to book your holiday party before the holidays. We've even done holiday parties in mid to late January! Judging by the pictures and attire, you would have never known it was after the holidays! Everyone wore similar attire, there was Christmas decorations, and we even added "holiday party 2017" (and 2018), on the photo booth strips!
Perhaps these companies wanted to have a holiday party that celebrates Christmas and Chinese New Year, in between both, but we're not 100% sure. One thing we are sure of, is that they saved a TON of money, waiting until after the holiday rush and they didn't have to compete with others, for a Saturday spot! The "off-season" is in January, so they likely saved lots of money on the venue and perhaps on their vendor fees, too! It's a pretty smart move and it allows you to get more for your budget! We're not trying to persuade you by any means, but we just wanted to let you know that this could certainly be an option.
So be sure to figure out your event date, and book your venue, ASAP! After you've booked your venue, be sure to book your catering or food service, next. After this, book your entertainment. Those are the 3 essential things for a great party: a great place, great food and drinks, and great entertainment.
Regarding entertainment, we have a variety of great holiday party DJs, we also offer photo booth rentals, lawn and giant game rentals (giant Jenga, giant Connect 4, cornhole, and other games), Karaoke DJs, and more! Whether you're entertaining 10 employees or 1,000 employees, we will work hard with you, to ensure you and your fellow employees will have a great time! Contact Jason or Diana, today, and let's celebrate, together!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Saturday, we had a great time providing a DJ, photo booth, and lighting, for a great wedding at Bentwood, Texas, in Georgetown. Bentwood is a very nice venue that is located just off the toll road, in Georgetown. This venue was beautiful and had plenty of space to host a great wedding! There was a huge dining area, beautiful ceremony area, and a very large dance floor for all the guests! We're glad the rain finished just before the ceremony. The weather was great and all of the vendors did a great job making this day perfect for Colton and Micaela!
Jason personally provided the ceremony and reception music, and kept the guests dancing, all night! The groom simply checked off their favorite genres, and Jason packed the dance floor with great 80s, 90s, 2000s, and Pop music, which are the genres they wanted to hear!
Loved this cake and TROLLS! :)
Diana, personally worked the photo booth, keeping all the guests entertained, smiling, and taking selfies with all the fun props! We had a great time and are glad everyone had a blast. Congrats, again, to the newlyweds!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
When it comes to Texas weddings, one thing is for sure: Country and Texas Country Music are almost always must-play genres! Our list includes Country, new and old, and Texas Country hits, too. If you're looking for more specific Texas Country hits, be sure to check out our blog 20 Great Texas Country Wedding Songs or if you want a more general variety of music genres for your wedding/event reception playlist, check out our Top 200 Must-Play 2018/2019 Wedding, Party & Event Songs article.
There are so many great Country songs, so this list was almost impossible to create. However, we took many of our most requested songs and compiled this list. Keep in mind, this list is created based on the weddings and events we provide DJs for, in the Austin and central Texas area! Your area may differ, slightly, but good music is good music! :)
If you want to hear these, be sure to check out our 50 Awesome Country Songs for Your Wedding/Event Spotify list, so you can add them to your personal wedding playlist! If you're looking for wedding ceremony song ideas, be sure to check out our 20 Great, Non-Traditional Processional/Recessional Wedding Songs article!
We hope this has been helpful. As we said before, there are hundreds more songs we could have included and it was tough to narrow down. Look out for another list, including those songs, soon! :)
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
As the 2018 wedding season is coming to a close, we wanted to write a new blog about the top 40 most-requested wedding songs for 2018. Many of these songs are requested for our upcoming 2019 weddings, as well. It's completely understandable, since love songs are often timeless! So here is our list of most-requested songs from our Austin/central Texas weddings.
You may be wondering why we stopped at 37? You may want to already send us an email to point out the error. :) We included the other versions of "Perfect" which all add up to a total of 40 songs. We didn't want to list "Perfect" several times.
We hope you found this list helpful! If you don't want to create your own Spotify list, no worries, we've got you covered! Here's our Spotify link to the Top 2018/2019 Wedding Songs! Happy wedding planning!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
So it's already October, and you know what that means in Austin/central Texas? It's COOLER WEATHER, first of all, and second, it's Halloween time! Yessss! Halloween is one of our favorite times of year! The time where adults can be a kid, again, and dress up in great costumes! Kids can have a blast, dressing up in their favorite costumes, too!
Besides that, it's a great time to have a fun Halloween party! Of course you know that you can't have a party without having great music! To put you in the mood for this, we've decided to create a fun Halloween Party playlist, for your to enjoy. Many of these songs are songs that we will be playing at our Halloween events, too! :) If you don't know the song, just click on the title to hear it. So here are a few of our favorite Halloween songs to play:
We hope this list has brought back some great memories of all the Halloween parties you remember! We also hope these great songs make it onto your Halloween Party Playlist! If you want to add these songs onto your Spotify playlist, feel free to add our Top 20 Halloween Party Songs to your playlist, along with all your party favorites!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Kickball Tournament at Cypress Hills Elementary - Spicewood, TX
This past weekend, we provided our DJ, photo booth, uplighting and monogram services for a few fun weddings and events! Friday, we kicked off the weekend with a fun Kickball Tournament at Cypress Hills Elementary, in Spicewood, TX. Our DJ, Phil, did a great job playing their favorite music and hosting this fun event! Phil also hosts weekly Trivia, so he was the perfect fit for this event! The tournament was a blast and we're glad we were able to help them have such a fun event! We look forward to their next event!
Lawn & Giant Game Rentals at Mercury Hall - Austin, TX
Friday, we also provided a few fun games for a wedding at Mercury Hall, in Austin, TX. The newlyweds and all of their friends & family had fun playing the games after the ceremony, during cocktail hour and dinner!
Wedding at Inspiring Oaks Ranch - Wimberley, TX
Saturday, we had fun providing our DJ, photo booth, uplighting, and a monogram for a fun wedding at Inspiring Oaks Ranch, in Wimberley, Texas . Though it was raining, early that day, it turned out to be great weather during the wedding! The blue uplighting looked great, along with the custom monogram, and we also added personalized bubbles for the send-off!
Our DJ, Jaime, did a great job, playing a mix of music, including: Country, Texas Country, Top 40, 90's, Tejano, Cumbia and more! Jaime kept the guests dancing, all night! Amy did a great job keeping the guests entertained at the photo booth!
Mr. & Mrs. Robertson had a great team of vendors who all worked hard to make their day special! Thanks to all of the following vendors, for doing a great job:
Wedding Planner: Lisa - Blue Moon Events
Catering: Louis BBQ
Florist & Event Rentals: Whim
Staffing: Main Event Staffing
Photographers: Classic Photographers
Videographer: Love Story Texas
Cake: Classic Cakes by Lori
Officiant: The Knot Tyer - Robert Burton
Hair & Makeup - Molly Makeup & Hair
Congrats, again, to Mr. & Mrs. Robertson!
Wedding at Villa St. Clair - Austin, TX
Saturday, we also had a fun wedding at Villa St. Clair, in Austin, TX. We provided a DJ and photo booth for Mr. & Mrs. Robinson. The newlyweds and all of their family and friends had a great time dancing, with our DJ, Ben, playing all of their favorite Country, Texas Country, Hip Hop, Tejano, R&B, 90's, Latin, and more!
Valerie kept the guests entertained, taking selfies, at our photo booth. Thanks to Marie and Kim, from Villa St. Clair, for all of their help with planning and coordination, for this wedding. Congrats, again, Mr. & Mrs. Robinson!
We look forward to doing it all over again, this weekend!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
If you're looking to book a DJ or photo booth for your prom, school dance, school event, or fundraiser, then chances are, you're probably confused about DJ prices, and why they vary so much. It's a great question that is surprisingly not easy to answer. Below are some major things that affect DJ pricing for school events, and really, any wedding/event.
What do we actually charge? Our prices vary, depending on the event location, date, time, number of hours, size of the venue, number of guests attending, and your overall needs. The best part, however, is that we do offer a discounted rate on our DJ and photo botoh services for all schools and non-profit events! Why? Because ABDJs' owners are in the education and social work field! Jason is a Master Teacher (M.Ed, MPAff) and Diana has a Masters of Social Work (LMSW). Therefore, their hearts are in these fields and they do their best to help the local Austin and central Texas community! They work, really hard, maintaining a work schedule and running ABDJs! The'yre over-achievers! :) Feel free to contact Jason or Diana, today, to discuss your event details!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths