PARTY DJ AUSTIN
Wedding & Event Planning Tips
Relax, we're here to help!
Saturday, 12/31/16, we'll provide the DJ and photo booth for a NYE celebration at Cleveland's, in Buda, TX. Great music, great drink specials, appetizer buffet, midnight champagne toast, and great pics from our photo booth! Join the party in downtown Buda, TX. We'll see you there!
- Austin's Best DJs Team
We closed out the year doing what we love: providing DJ & photo booth services for weddings and parties in the Austin and central Texas area! Here's a quick recap of our 12/17/16 events.
Wedding at Olive and June - Austin, TX
We provided a DJ for this was a fun wedding at Olive and June, in Austin, TX. We took a quick video of the groom and his fellow soldiers, singing to the bride. It was a special request and neither the groom, nor bride, knew about it! Of course the groom joined in and they had to end that moment yelling "I miss you Goose!!" :) Everyone had a great time, dancing all night to a variety of music that Jason played!
Wedding at The Oasis - Austin, TX
We also provided a DJ for a great wedding at The Oasis, in Austin, TX. This groom was also a soldier, and the bride, groom and their families currently live in Alaska, but had a wedding with their friends and families, here in Austin, TX. The ceremony view was amazing, as always, at the Oasis. Everyone had a great time, and loved dancing to the 80s and many other genres that Diana played!
50th Anniversary Party - Kyle, TX.
We also provided a DJ for a 50th anniversary party in Kyle, at Plum Creek Golf Course. The grandkids created a special song mix, and danced their special dance, for their grandparents! Everyone had a great time, dancing with our DJ, Jimmy!
Lastly, we had a holiday party in Steiner Ranch - Austin, TX. This was a "parents only" event. The event was outdoors, but they had a nice fire going and the danced all night, with our DJ, James. They had such a great time, they paid for additional time, so the party wouldn't be over! :)
Overall, we had a great weekend of events and look forward to many more fun-filled weekend weddings, quinceaneras, parties and events, in 2017!
- Austin's Best DJs Team
This just in: We're proud to announce that we've won The knot's coveted "Best of Weddings" award! This means that our couples and clients love us and rated us with amazing reviews throughout 2016! This is not easy to do, since we all know that pleasing everyone, every time, is quite a task. If you've ever worked in a retail, sales, restaurant, or customer service-oriented business, you know what we mean!
Thanks to our amazing clients, who rated us highly on The Knot and on Wedding Wire, too! We also won Wedding Wire's "Couple's Choice Awards" again, for the 2nd year in a row! They'll release the official announcements in about 2 weeks. Thanks to all of our clients, in Austin, San Antonio, and the central Texas area, for continuously choosing us to be your DJ and/or photo booth service, for your wedding, quinceanera, party or event! Also, thanks to our amazing repeat clients, other vendors, and friends, who constantly recommend us for their friends, family, and company events! We look forward to a great 2017!
Thank you, Austin and central Texas!
- Austin's Best DJs Team
On any given weekend, all year, you'll find us providing a DJ and/or photo booth for a wedding or event in Austin or Central Texas. It still surprises us at how many weddings and events are happening every weekend in the Austin area! Today, however, we want to discuss Mariachis. This blog is NOT to deter your from hiring Mariachis, by any means; however, we want to be honest about our experiences with Mariachis at weddings, quinceaneras and events in the Austin area, and we want to give you some advice. Here are some things to consider, before hiring Mariachis (and any vendor) for your event.
1. Do Your Research - Research all the Mariachis in your area and get 3-5 quotes. The interesting thing about getting quotes for services, is that you'll get a wide range of quotes, some very affordable, and others very expensive. Compare not just the prices, but what you get for your money. Mariachis typically charge by the hour and are usually hired for 1-2 hours. We've seen prices range, but usually around $300 - $500, for one hour.
2. Read Reviews - This is very important. Always read the reviews about any vendor you will hire. Know that reviews are important, because these represent actual client experiences. Reviews are the new version of "word-of-mouth" advertising.
3. Fliter the Reviews - If you're looking at the reviews across the internet, see what the trend is. For me, personally, I choose companies with 4 stars or better. It's great to have all 5 stars, but in reality, it's hard to please every single customer, every time, so having less than 5 stars is okay, as long as it's not the majority of the reviews that show less than happy clients. Look at the complaints though. As they say, where there's smoke, there's fire. If mutilple customers complain about the same thing and the vendor has not responded about how they fixed (or will fix) the issues, it's most likely true, so be careful.
4. Get a Contract - Always get a contract! Make sure the contract has exactly what you're paying for, the date of your event, the cost, etc. Read the fine print, cancellation notices, etc. Find out what happens if they don't show up. If they don't show, do you get your deposit back? You should be able to! If not, RUN and don't hire this vendor!
5. Don't Pay the Entire Balance - I know this seems strange, but it's best to only pay a deposit, at least initially. Why? Well, as I stated above, if the Mariachis don't show up, you've lost all of your money, so be careful! Unfortunately, we've done many events where the client did not stay in touch with their Mariachis (and even DJs) and the Mariachis did not even show up, yet they already were paid in full!
6. Stay in Touch - If they are not contacting you as your date approaches, contact them! Contact them one month before, and as often as you need to, until your date. Definitely contact them the week of your event, to check in, too! Go over your needs and what time you expect them to arrive and any other important details. We've done numerous events where communication was an issue and the correct times were not explained. This led to the Mariachis showing up at a different time (rather than the time they were expected).
Overall, know that these tips are not only for Mariachis, but for any vendor. If you're having a wedding or event in the Austin or Central Texas area, or anywhere, all of the above tips apply! We get calls, every week, from angry clients who had their DJ or photo booth service stop returning their calls/emails, etc. Our first question is always "do you have a contract?" Most of the time, the answer is "no." Don't let this happen to you!
We have worked with nearly every Mariachi group in the Austin and Central Texas area. Many of them have done a great job and some, unfortunately, were late or did not show up. We will not bash any business, but we can recommend one Mariachi group, based on our experience with them. We personally hired Mariachi Los Toros, for our own wedding and they were great! They communicated with us, often, showed up right on time, and did a great job! They even learned a song that we requested for our first dance, which was "We Belong Together" by Ritchie Valens! Again, as we stated above, this post is not written to deter you from hiring Mariachis, but to bring awareness and help you in the process of hiring your vendors.
- Austin's Best DJs Team
This past weekend, we provided our DJ and photo booth services for a few holiday parties and a wedding. Our first holiday party, on Friday, 12/2/16, was a staff party for Belmont Village, here in Austin, TX. It was a short, but fun holiday party with lots of games! James, our DJ, provided the great music for this fun event!
Holiday Party at Saengerrunde Hall - Austin, TX
We also provided a DJ for another holiday party on Friday, at Saengerrunde Hall, in Austin, TX. This was the holiday party for Texas Workforce Commission and their new partner agency, DARS (Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services). Wow, they had a blast! We provided the DJ and MC, and helped with the raffle and prize giveaways. Everyone danced, all night, from the first song, to the last song of the night! It was a great time! Here's a picture of their event, below.