If you’re planning an Austin bachelorette party in Austin, Texas, (there are a few Austins in the US) you’re in the right place! Austin, Texas has become one of the top destinations to host a bachelorette party! We are fortunate to be able to be a part of so many bachelor and bachelorette parties, every month, all year long! Since this is the case, we thought we’d share some great planning info and ideas to help you plan an epic bachelorette party in Austin, TX!
By the way, an FAQ is “who plans the party?” We’ve seen that the maid/matron of honor and the mother of the bride tend to be the main ones who plan the party. Sometimes, it’s even a surprise party for the bride! Just be sure to check the bride’s calendar, of course. 🙂 So all of the above can be done by the planner, of course. We’re here to help make it easier for you. Let’s get to the tips.
Austin, Texas Bachelorette Party Planning Tips
Determine the Date:
First and foremost, decide on your Austin bachelorette party date. There is no specific time that it has to happen, but generally, we’ve seen them occur about 1-2 months in advance. Many people are opting to stay for 5-7 days, to fully enjoy the trip and have fun!
Pro Planner Tip: If you want to save more money, try to plan as early as possible. Flights and accommodations are often cheaper when you book 4-6 months in advance.
Choose a Party Location
Next, choose a location for your party. Some of the top destinations are Las Vegas, Nashville, Miami, New York City, and of course Austin, TX. This blog is dedicated to info for Austin, but it can be used for any destination, too.
Book Your Place
Now that you have your destination, it’s time to book your lodging. You can choose a hotel or Air BnB. In the last year, we’ve seen almost 100% of the parties move to Air BnB rentals. You get to have a whole home and all of the amenities for you and your squad. It definitely beats sharing amenities with strangers! So we highly recommend getting a private home with all the amenities. It actually ends up being cheaper, too!
Create the Guest List
After the date is set and the location has been booked, it’s time to decide who gets the invite. We usually see that it’s the bridal party that attends. However, this is not set in stone. Other family members and friends can also be invited.
Plan Your Activities
Now is the truly fun part! There are so many things to do in Austin. If you only have 5-7 days, we will try to recommend the top things to do within that time frame. We’ll create a separate list, so it’s easier to read. 🙂
Bachelorette Party Ideas Austin, TX
Here are some of the top things to do for your Bachelorette Party week in Austin, TX.
Plan Your Group Meals
Austin is known for the fun nightlife and the great food/drinks! We’re going to give you tips that aren’t on the usual “things to do in Austin” lists. When we visit places, we ask the locals and are never let down. We’re locals, so we’re giving you that insider info.
Since you’re in an Air Bnb, you will have access to a kitchen, so you may not need to eat out, daily, of course. We’re still going to recommend the top spots to go for different meals, though.
For great breakfast, we recommend:
- Kerby Lane Cafe – all of the locations are great. Try to call ahead if you have a big group.
- Magnolia Cafe – There is only one location left, due to the pandemic. 🙁 So it does get busy. Call ahead to make arrangements.
- Joe’s Bakery – if you want amazing Tex-Mex food, Joe’s is THE place to go. It’s a small “hole in the wall” spot, but there is a reason it has been in business so long. Try their tacos, you’ll love them!
- For a breakfast/snack, you have to go to Round Rock Donuts! These donuts are amazing!
- Austin Java is always great for breakfast and lunch, too!
For lunch or dinner, we recommend:
- The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, Texas. It’s just outside of Austin and well worth the drive. If you can go during the week, you’ll avoid the long lines on the weekend. Another Austin favorite is Franklin BBQ. Both places are equally amazing, but the Salt Lick has the rustic, Texas vibe.
- If you have the time, take the short drive to Lockhart, which is known as the BBQ capital of Texas. Try Smitty’s or Kreuz BBQ. You will not be disappointed!
- If you like Pizza, we highly recommend Via 313 (Detroit Style), or Home Slice Pizza (NY style). Both places are awesome and your stomach will thank you for visiting. 🙂
- Veracruz All Natural has amazing tacos that are delicious and healthier! Stop by Radio Coffee & Beer Bar and you can enjoy great coffee and drinks, and tasty tacos from Veracruz!
- If you love Asian, there are many great places to eat. For Ramen, stop by Kemuri Tatsu-Ya. Their Ramen is amazing! For Vietnamese, there are lots of great Pho places in the area, depending on where you are.
There are so many awesome places in Austin. These are just a few spots that come to mind. Check out the local blogs to see more great recommendations.
Plan Your Entertainment
Last, but certainly not least, plan your nights out! This is why you came to Austin, Texas in the first place, right? 🙂 For fun entertainment, we recommend:
- 6th Street – stop by and enjoy the historic 6th street. There are plenty of bars and clubs. So many, you may not be able to visit them all! For the college nightlife scene, East 6th is the spot. For a little different vibe, West 6th is the place to go.
- Rainey Street – Rainey Street has become a 2nd favorite place for many tourists and locals. There are lots of great bars/clubs and even food spots on Rainey. You’ll love it!
- See the Bats – no trip to Austin would be complete without seeing the millions of Mexican Free-Tail bats at the Congress bridge. Stop by just before the sunsets and you’ll be amazed!
- Float the River – Just outside of Austin, you can float the San Marcos River, or the Comal River in New Braunfels. Make a day of it and enjoy the water. For a more local swimming experience, take a dip in the icy Barton Springs! The water is always 68 degrees, so be prepared!
- Swim and Hike – Lady Bird Lake and Mount Bonnell are two more outdoor places you must visit! Go kayaking on the lake and hiking at Mount Bonnell, which is the highest point in Austin. If you do go Kayaking, make your way to the 360 bridge. That’s actually in our logo, too. 🙂
- Shopping – If you want to shop, south Congress Avenue is a great place to visit local shops and boutiques! There are plenty of great restaurants there, too.
- Play Mini Golf – If you want to do a little drinking and mini-golf, Peter Pan Mini Golf is an Austin favorite! Yes, it’s BYOB, which makes it even more fun! 🙂
- Go Country Dancing – See a piece of old Austin and visit the Broken Spoke. This is one of Austin’s oldest honky tonks and the food is surprisingly good, too! Try the Chicken Fried Steak.
There are so many things to do in Austin. It’s really hard to come up with a list. These are the top things that come to mind. We may write a follow-up blog, just for more great suggestions.
By the way, if you want a photo booth, a DJ, or marquee letters for your Austin bachelorette party, we’re the #1 company in Austin to call for your Bachelorette Party needs. Contact us, today, for more info. Thanks for reading, and happy planning!