PARTY DJ AUSTIN
Wedding & Event Planning Tips
Relax, we're here to help!
Every weekend, all year long, we provide DJs and photo booths for weddings, parties, quinceaneras and events! We are truly honored that so many couples and clients choose us to help them create great memories for their special celebrations.
Although every event is different, and each client chooses their music for their event, usually couples will simply choose their genres for dinner and cocktail hour. Jazz, Swing, Big Band, Acoustic, and Country, tend to be the most popular genres chosen. So if you're not sure what songs to choose for your dinner or cocktail hour playlist, simply tell your DJ or band the genre of music you prefer, and most professional DJs will be able to create the perfect playlist for your wedding/event.
If you'd rather have more control over what is played, you can certainly decide what songs are played. Here are some great songs suggestions, based on what our 2018 clients have chosen, for dinner, or cocktail hour, that your guests are sure to love! If you're not familiar with the song, simply click the title to watch the video!
These are just a few great examples of common song requests for dinner and cocktail hour. Read our other article, The Perfect Cocktail Hour Playlist, for more great examples!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
When it comes to weddings and events, we've got you covered. We are one of Austin's favorite DJ and photo booth services, and we do weddings and events every weekend, all year long! We gladly help our clients create the perfect playlist for their weddings, parties, quinceaneras and events! A frequently asked question that we get is: "What type of music do I play for the cocktail hour?" The answer isn't always easy, since everyone has their own unique taste and preferences, but most of the time, clients choose from our genre list.
Usually, cocktail hour is the time where the couples will take their pictures. Most of the time, cocktail hour is after the ceremony, but we also have done cocktail hour before the ceremony, as well. So usually, the couple isn't even in the same area where the cocktail hour is occurring, which means they rarely hear the music. So clients usually just ask us for our input on what to play.
We provide a genre list for couples to choose from, such as: "Love Songs, Country Love Songs, Jazz, Big Band, Acoustic Covers, Easy Listening," etc. About 80% of the time, couples select "Acoustic Covers," and "Jazz" or "Big Band." The other 20% of the time, it's "Country" and "Love Songs." So here are the songs that we play most-often:
"Better Together" - Jack Johnson
"Let's Stay Together" - Obadiah Parker I know no one will be better than Al Green, but this is a good cover. :)
"Wonderwall" - Ryan Adams Again, a great cover. Yes, it's hard to beat the original :)
"Hey Soul Sister" - Train
"I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
"Lucky" - Jason Mraz & Colbie Caliet
"You and Me" - Lifehouse
"Come Away With Me" - Norah Jones
"Don't Stop the Music" - Jamie Cullum (Rhianna cover)
"Take me the Way I Am" - Ingrid Michaelson
"You Are the Best Thing" - Ray Lamontagne
"Can't Help Falling in Love" - Hailey Reinhart
"L-O-V-E" - Nat King Cole
"At Last" - Etta James
"The Way You Look Tonight" - Frank Sinatra
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole
The above songs are the most requested cocktail hour songs that we play in the Austin and central Texas area. There are many more jazz and post-modern jukebox hits that we also play. We hope this has been helpful!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths