Yes, there are plenty of overachievers who already planned out their 2020 wedding first dance song several months ago! 🙂 It’s completely understandable, though, since love songs are often timeless! There is no need to wait for a new song to come out.
We know that many people choose similar 2020 wedding first dance songs or similar wedding dance songs. If you’re looking for songs that are different, and perhaps, not overdone, check out our 15 not overplayed wedding songs article. We wroth this focusing on the ceremony processional/recessional songs, but you can certainly use these song ideas for your first dance, too!
So here is our list of the most-requested wedding first dance wedding songs from our Austin/central Texas weddings.
Top 10 First Dance Songs
- “Perfect” – Ed Sheeran. This song was released on Sheeran’s third studio album in 2017. Yes, it’s already 3 years old! The second version of this song was released at the end of 2017, titled “Perfect Duet.” It was hard to make this song any better, but adding Beyonce did exactly that! Be sure to check out the version with Andrea Bocelli, too. All three of these songs are the perfect wedding first dance song! (No pun intended) 🙂
- “Speechless” – Dan + Shay. This has been the top Country first dance song since it was released in 2018. We certainly understand why, since it’s a great song!
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis Presley – This is a timeless song, that’s perfect for your first dance. Check out the remakes, too, which are just as good! 🙂 The most popular version is now the Haley Reinhart version, listen, here!
- “Thinking Out Loud” – Ed Sheeran. Though this song is older, it’s still a great choice. You can also use it for any other moment of the night!
- “From the Ground Up” – Dan + Shay. This song is 4 years old, but still pretty popular.
- “Say You Won’t Let Go” – James Arthur. Since 2016, this song has been a great choice for couples, everywhere. It also went double platinum on the UK Charts.
- “All of Me” – John Legend. This song dominated wedding first dances for a few years, but it’s not as popular, now, for first dances. It’s still a great song for any time during the wedding.
- “Shut Up and Dance” – Walk the Moon. Yes, it’s a faster, upbeat song, but it’s a great 2020 wedding first dance song for couples who want to just get the party started. Many couples have said that they don’t really like being the center of attention, so starting the dance with this song can be a good idea if you’re one of those couples!
- “In Case You Didn’t Know” – Brett Young. Since 2017, this song has made it onto wedding playlists, every weekend, and understandably so. Be sure to consider this for your wedding playlist. It’s perfect for any time during the reception.
- “Tennessee Whiskey” – Chris Stapleton. We don’t play this song much for the first dance, but it’s very popular for the reception. It seems as though every weekend, we’ve been playing this song since it came out!
10 More Popular Wedding Songs
- “You Are the Best Thing” – Ray Lamontagne. It’s hard to believe this song came out in 2008. It has been on our playlists for many years. It’s the perfect song for cocktail hour, dinner, the grand entrance, etc.
- “Yours” – Russell Dickerson (the wedding version) This song has been very popular for 2020/2021 weddings!
- “You Make it Easy” – Jason Aldean
- “Beautiful Crazy” – Luke Combs
- “This is It” – Scotty Mccreery
- “Then” – Brad Paisley
- “Bless the Broken Road” – Rascal Flatts (This song has been a wedding favorite for several years)
- “Die a Happy Man” – Thomas Rhett
- “At Last” – Etta James – This is still a great first dance song after so many years!
- “Millionaire” – Chris Stapleton – We love Chris Stapleton!
More 2020 Wedding First Dance Songs
We hope you found this list helpful! These are the top 2020 wedding first dance wedding songs. We know there are so many more great wedding songs out there, though. This list is the most-requested at the time of this writing. For other examples, feel free to visit our Austin’s Best DJs’ Spotify Lists. We’ll certainly update this list every quarter, to reflect the changes.
Great Reception Songs
If you’re looking for great wedding reception songs, be sure to visit our Top Wedding & Party Songs article for the top 200 wedding reception songs! As always, if you have any questions or need any help with your playlist, send us an email, or leave a comment, and we’ll certainly be happy to help you! Thanks for reading and happy wedding planning!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths