Where are the Best Places for a Honeymoon in Texas?
Honeymoon in Texas: The Lone Star state is well known for many things, like great BBQ, great breweries, and of course a great place to have a destination wedding! We noticed over the last few years that many of our clients from out of state chose to have a destination wedding in the Austin area. Numerous clients would ask us about the best places for a honeymoon in Texas.
We often recommended some places we knew in nearby towns, within about 100 miles from the Austin area (for clients who are having their wedding in Austin). Usually, we recommend places that we have personally been to, or at least some of our other clients may have raved about.
There are certainly far more than just seven great places for an awesome honeymoon in Texas, but we’ll just stick to the top seven, for now. Our goal is to add a variety of places, ranging from luxury resorts to boutique hotels, and even romantic bed and breakfast places, too! Here’s the list we came up with.
Top 7 Texas Honeymoon Places
- La Cantera Resort & Spa – San Antonio, Texas – This top-rated resort is a great place to have your honeymoon or even just a nice weekend getaway. La Cantera offers massage therapists for on-site couples massage, a beautiful pool, hot tub, and an amazing view of the beautiful Texas hill country! Our team has been here many times for conferences and events.
- Horseshoe Bay Resort – Horseshoe Bay Texas – If you’re looking for a luxury experience in the Texas hill country, this is definitely one of the top places to consider. This resort is on Lake LBJ and is an all-around great experience.
- They have a golf course, swimming, amazing food, and plenty to do on the lake. We have done many weddings here, and the staff has always been very helpful and great to work with!
- Barton Creek Resort & Spa – Austin, Texas – Barton Creek Resort is a great resort & spa. We’ve booked numerous weddings and corporate events here. The views at Barton Creek are beautiful! Barton Creek offers numerous pools, including an indoor pool that is open all year.
- They also offer four great golf courses. Yes, you read that right, four! The spa is great, and there are nearly 500 rooms available. If you’re looking to stay in the Austin area, this should definitely be on your shortlist!
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek – Dallas, Texas – This Dallas hotel was actually a private residence at one point. The hotel offers a top-notch restaurant that is highly rated by Food & Wine Magazine. If you’re considering planning your wedding in Dallas, they also offer professional wedding planners!
- Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay – Rockport, Texas – This boutique hotel is located right on the bay with beautiful views! The suites all have kitchens and there is a great on-site restaurant. They even offer a private pier for fishing!
- Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast – Fredericksburg, Texas – This traditional bed & breakfast is rated #1 on Trip Advisor and rightfully so. If you’re looking for a Hill Country getaway, you won’t be disappointed here.
- You’ll get a made from scratch breakfast that includes locally-made sausage from Opa’s sausage. They even offer complimentary wine, every afternoon. Magnolia House is the perfect romantic getaway that isn’t too far from Austin!
- The Galvestonian – Galveston, Texas – The Galvestonian is located right on the beach and made up of individual condos. You’ll enjoy waking up to the ocean and sunrise with beachfront views. You can sit and have morning coffee on your beachfront balcony, too. An indoor heated pool (86 degrees) is available all year. This is Galveston’s #1 hotel and it’s well-deserved.
Hidden Gem in Fredericksburg, TX
Also, we wanted to include a hidden gem, in Fredericksburg, TX. We stayed at the Kingwood Suites, in Fredericksburg, TX, just a few months ago. Wow, this place is truly a hidden gem. You can easily miss it if you’re in the area, but it’s well worth the drive. If you’re looking for a luxury room, Kingwood Suites has some amazing rooms for pretty amazing rates!
We stayed in the Ruby Suite and wow, it was great. We loved the location, the room and decor, and especially the jacuzzi tub! They even give you a breakfast voucher to some of the local favorite places.
We went and had a huge, awesome meal with our voucher and ended up paying $3 for the entire meal, after applying the voucher! It was a perfect start to a day of rock climbing at Enchanted Rock.
The staff was very accommodating and treated us like family! Book a room at the Kingwood Suites for your honeymoon in Texas, and you definitely won’t be disappointed!
If you want any more recommendations for the perfect honeymoon in Texas, we’re happy to help. Also, if you’re still looking to book wedding DJs, please visit our Austin, TX wedding DJs page for more information. Contact us, today! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Other Texas Honeymoon Places?
Where are some other places that you think are perfect for a honeymoon in Texas? Feel free to add any comments with places you know or recommend! Tell us where you spent your honeymoon in Texas, we’d love to hear from you!
-Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths