Most Requested Wedding Songs: Every weekend, all year long, we have the pleasure of providing DJs, photo booths, games, and entertainment for weddings around the Austin and central Texas area. Our goal is to carry out the vision of each couple we work with. Our couples will pick the music for the evening. Some couples will be very specific and pick songs for every minute of the evening; other couples will simply give us their key moment songs and general genre requests, and let our pros select the music. Whichever route they choose, we will execute their vision!
When it comes to weddings, guests tend to remember the food, the music, and the key moments of the evening. They’ll remember the music for the ceremony, such as the bridal procession and couple recession song. They’ll also remember the other key moments, such as the wedding party entrance, the first dance, bouquet toss and garter toss, and the exit.
Of course, they’ll also remember dancing and having a great time at your wedding! For all of the key moments, (and dancing all night) the DJ or band facilitates these by acting as the MC and playing the selected songs for each moment. So if you didn’t already know, music and your DJ/MC are a very important part of you and your guests’ overall experience at your wedding.
Simply put, your guests will remember having a great time at your wedding! Whether it’s with playing lawn or giant games during the cocktail hour, or taking pictures at the photo booth, or simply dancing until they’re feet can’t take it anymore, they’ll look back at your wedding and remember the key moments and the fun they had!
Most Requested Wedding Songs (For Key Moments)
Although every wedding we do is customized to each couple’s unique taste in music, we’ve noticed a trend, over the year, when it comes to the key moment songs. Here are the most requested key moment songs based on our research. We gathered the top 5 songs that are requested for each wedding key moment, throughout the US.
Top 5 Most Requested First Dance Songs:
2. “The Way You Look Tonight” – Frank Sinatra
3. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis Presley (Haley Reinhart’s version is also very popular)
4. “God Gave Me You” – Blake Shelton
5. “Thinking Out Loud” – Ed Sheeran
Top 5 Father/Daughter Songs:
2. My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
4. Stand By Me – Ben E. King
5. My Wish – Rascal Flatts
Top 5 Mother/Son Songs:
2. How Sweet It Is – James Taylor
3. Stand By Me – Ben E. King
4. My Wish – Rascal Flats
5. Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
Top 5 Bridal Party Intro Songs:
2. Marry You – Bruno Mars
3. Bring ‘Em Out – T.I.
4. Forever – Chris Brown
5. Celebration – Kool & the Gang
Top 5 Cake Cutting Songs:
2. Sugar, Sugar – The Archies
3. Cut the Cake – Average White Band
4. How Sweet It Is – James Taylor
5. I Can’t Help Myself (sugar pie honey bunch) – The Four Tops
Top 5 Bouquet Toss Songs:
2. Wannabe – Spice Girls
3. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
4. Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benatar
5. Where Them Girls At – David Guetta
Top 5 Garter Songs:
2. Hey Ya – Outkast
3. Another One Bites the Dust – Queen
4. Brick House – Commodores
5. Hot in Herre – Nelly
Top 5 Most Requested Last Dance/Exit Songs:
2. Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks
3. Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
4. Last Dance – Donna Summer
5. One More Time – Daft Punk
We hope this list of the most requested wedding songs has been helpful. As previously mentioned, this is based on what is most requested by couples throughout the US. Every wedding is different, but these are the common songs that we’ve used, this year.
When it comes to your wedding, feel free to choose the songs that best suit you and are more your style. There’s no need to use the most requested wedding songs, if you feel that they just don’t match your taste. Be sure to check out our Top 200 Wedding Reception Songs article, for great wedding reception songs! As always, feel free to contact us for additional information and planning tips!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths