As wedding DJs, we often get asked about the best mother son dance songs for weddings. We gathered some of the best mother son wedding dance songs we could find for this sweet moment between the groom and his mother.
If you want to see listen to each of these songs, and even see the lyrics, check out our music library page for the top mother son songs. Go ahead and grab your tissues now. 🙂 Let’s get to that mother son dance songs list, now!
Top 21 Mother Son Dance Songs
21. “Like Jesus Does” – Eric Church
20. “Your Song” – Elton John (classic, and still amazing)
19. “Never Alone” – Lady Antebellum
18. “You Raise Me Up” – Josh Groban
17. “Landslide” – Fleetwood Mac (for the classic rock moms)
16. “Boy” – Lee Brice
15. “93 Million Miles” – Jason Mraz
14. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole (this song is one of the most requested songs for the mother-groom dance).
13. “Don’t Blink” – Kenny Chesney (a favorite country song). Check out our Country Wedding Songs article for more great Country songs!
12. “Stand By Me” – Ben E. King (this classic song is still super popular and was even played at the royal wedding).
11. “Forever Young” – Rod Stewart
Other Parent Dance Options
We have also seen some newlywed couples dance with both of their parents using the same song, too. So if you or your significant other don’t like the spotlight, you can easily share a song together! If you’d rather not share the song, you can always ask your wedding DJ to shorten or edit the song, or simply fade it out at a certain point.
Here are the top 10 mother-son dance songs. Each of these songs has a link to the YouTube video, just in case you’d like to hear it, as well.
10 Best Mother to Son Dance Songs
10. Because You Loved Me– Celine Dion
9. Days Like This– Van Morrison
8. In My Life– The Beatles
7. I Hope You Dance– Lee Ann Womack
6. You’ll Be in My Heart– Phil Collins – Yes, from The Jungle Book 🙂
5. A Song for Mama– Boyz II Men
4. Simple Man– Lynard Skynard
3. Humble and Kind– Tim McGraw (we’ve also seen this used for father-daughter songs)
2. What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong 1967 (another classic and one of the best mother son dance songs)
#1 Most-Requested Mother Son Wedding Dance Song
My Wish– Rascal Flatts 2006. Yes, even after 14 years, this song remains one of the most requested mother son dance songs. It’s certainly understandable since the lyrics are perfect for this moment.
It’s definitely not easy to sum up a lifetime of moments and memories in just one, 4-minute song, but this song from a mother to son (or even father to daughter) does it well. Here’s an excerpt from the Rascal Flatts song:
“My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you’re out there getting where you’re getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish…”
Other Parent Dance Songs
We hope this list has been helpful. Obviously, there are millions of mother son dance songs to choose from, but these are the most popular for the Austin and central Texas area. However, our list also factors the most popular requested songs from around the US.
As always, contact us if you have any more questions and we’ll be happy to help! You can also visit our YouTube channel or our Spotify channel, for other wedding song ideas!
-Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths