Photo Booth Rental Considerations
If you’re planning on having a photo booth for your wedding, quinceanera, party or event, chances are, you’re also considering a photo booth rental, too! There are a few photo booth rental considerations to definitely consider when renting a photo booth from any local company in your area. Let’s discuss a few of those photo booth rental considerations before you rent your photo booth for your wedding or event.
Even if you’re not in our Austin/central Texas market, these considerations are important to remember.
- First and foremost, consider the reputation of the photo booth company you’re hiring. Who are they? How long have they been in business? About how many positive reviews do they have? Do they have any negative reviews, too? If so, how did they respond to them?
- If there are negative reviews, how recent are they? Pay particular attention to the reviews within the last 3 months. Have they had positive reviews since then? Do they have contracts? If you see any mention of the vendor not showing up, showing up late, or not delivering what they promised, find another vendor, ASAP!
Photo Booth Prices Can Vary
- If you haven’t noticed, pricing can really vary with all vendors, whether it’s a DJ, photo booth, catering, or whatever you’re searching for. Prices can range from as low as $100 (think Groupon deals, Craigslist, and Thumbtack) to as much as over $3500, for 3-4 hours of service.
- Be sure to ask what’s included in the price. Many lower-priced vendors will have a great price, but not include things you may want or need, such as props, printouts, a colored backdrop, adding custom text or a logo, or they may limit how many printouts you can have.
- As mentioned previously, the backdrops that are included with the introductory packages are usually just plain white, and possibly black, or no backdrop at all. Be sure to specifically ask about your backdrop type, if you’re renting an open-air photo booth. If you have an enclosed photo booth, then the backdrop is usually not important.
- Is your backdrop a solid color? Is it sequin? Do they offer other materials? Do they have colors that match your theme or decor? Can they offer a custom step and repeat banner (banners that have your custom text or logo all over it, as you see with many company event’s photo booths).
Photo Booth Prints are Important!
- Always ask about printouts. First, are they included in the price? If not, how much are they? Will every guest receive a printout? What type of printer will be used?
- Though the photo strips are usually small (2′ X 6″) you still want the printing to be fast and of course, you want the printouts to look great! A dye-sub printer should be in their answer. If it’s not, time to mark that vendor off the list.
- Other Options
- Be sure to ask what other options are possible with your photo booth provider. Do they offer a scrapbook or a way to facilitate a scrapbook for your event? Do they offer unlimited printouts or photo sessions? Social media posting?
- What is the rate if you want to add more hours? Do they offer photo albums? Custom-made props or backdrops? Can you choose props to go with your theme? Find out what you can add to make sure your photo booth rental is a hit at your event!
Overall Overall, these are the top 5 photo booth rental considerations you should think about when renting a photo booth for your wedding or event. For more information or to view our photo booth info, please visit our central TX photo booth rental page.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help! We’re lucky enough to provide photo booth rentals to clients in the Austin and central Texas area, every month, all year long!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths