The Best Post-Wedding Austin Brunch Places: So the big day that you’ve planned for is finally done. Yay! You’re now newlyweds, congratulations! If you’re like most couples, today, then you know that the wedding celebration isn’t quite over, yet. Most weddings are now a full weekend of events, not just one day (though it can be, of course). The post-wedding brunch typically falls on a Sunday, since most weddings are on Saturdays.
The post-wedding brunch is typically for the couple’s families and wedding guests who are still in town. However, many times the wedding party also attends, as well. Basically, anyone you want to invite is welcome to attend, and you knew that already. 🙂 When it comes to payment for the brunch, parents can pay, but more and more, the newlyweds are also paying, instead.
Where Should You Have the Post-Wedding Brunch?
Ideally, you should try to find a place that is close to where your guests are staying or near the wedding venue if you and your guests stayed there. If not, try to find a “landmark” location that’s easy to find, so your guests from out of town can find it. You can even have it at a friend or family member’s backyard! Anywhere that works best for you, should work! If you decide to have the brunch in the Austin area, we have a few great recommendations.
Who has the Best Brunch in Austin, TX?
This is a common question that many people are asking, just about every weekend on social media. There’s no doubt about it, there are numerous amazing places in Austin that have great brunch menus! Who can resist waffles, pancakes, eggs, fresh fruit, great cocktails (Bloody Mary‘s & Mimosas are essential for life) and great coffee, of course? We certainly can’t! I’m getting hungry just writing this! 🙂
By the way, we’re world travelers and have had amazing food and coffee in numerous countries, so it’s pretty hard to impress us. The best coffee we’ve ever had was in Costa Rica and in Amsterdam! However, we can’t compare those experiences to our local experiences, since they’re quite different.
Back to the subject, so listing the “top 10” post-wedding Austin brunch places is really difficult to do. The results will vary, depending on who you ask, of course. For this list, we’re considering the number of recommendations (from other wedding pros), online reviews, size of the place (for accommodations), and overall experience. That being said, here’s what we came up with. Simply click on each restaurant’s name, to see their websites/menus.
Top 5 Austin Brunch Places
- Snooze An AM Eatery – This place has an amazing menu with food choices that you won’t find anywhere else. We LOVE the Sweet Potato Pancakes & Pineapple Upside Down Cake Pancakes! They also have great Bloody Marys & Mimosas! Be aware, they are only open from 6:30 AM – 2:30 PM and they don’t take reservations.
- Plan to get there early. It’s ALWAYS busy. The patio is perfect for larger parties! With their great food and drinks, it’s understandable why. 🙂 Update: they’ve added more locations, so now having your post-wedding brunch here is certainly a great idea!
- Austin Java – Austin Java is another Austin favorite! They have several locations, including a new location in Dripping Springs, which is perfect for the Dripping Springs weddings. They have an amazing variety of great, healthy food options on their menu!
- Breakfast is served all day, and of course, their lunch and dinner menu is filled with delicious items, too! They have a great drink menu and be sure to try their very own Chai Tea. It’s their delicious recipe! One of the best in town!
- Kerby Lane – Kerby Lane is an Austin staple and one of our favorite places! They have plenty of locations to choose from in Austin, and even one in Round Rock! Be aware, they’re almost ALWAYS busy. Of course with their great food and drinks, it’s expected. Their menu has a variety of options for various preferences. They’ve got plenty of amazing, healthy dishes, too!
- We LOVE their Third Coast Coffee, too! We actually buy a huge bag and have it at home, too. You’ll love it and yes, they’re from Austin. 🙂 They do serve mimosas, here, but the amazing food is really why you need to visit Kerby Lane. Diana loves the “Paris Texas Platter” (French toast and Migas), and Jason loves their great selection of pancakes! Try the Gingerbread pancakes, if they’re available!
- El Chile Cafe Y Cantina – El Chile is a great place for a post-wedding Austin brunch or just a regular Sunday brunch, too! They have great Tex-Mex food and tasty authentic Mexican food, too! Their menu has a pretty large variety of great food! We’ve never been disappointed with anything we’ve ordered! Our favorites are the “Huevos Divorciados” and “El Chile Migas” are our favorites.
- For brunch, be sure to order the amazing $4 “Big Ass Mimosa” or $5 Bloody Mary. This place has some of the best Micheladas (bloody mary, but with beer instead of Vodka) in town! Seriously, Jason has tried Micheladas from nearly every place in Austin! 🙂
- Magnolia Cafe – Magnolia is another Austin staple and definitely one of our favorites! Magnolia Cafe has 2 locations, one on South Congress, and the other near the lake, off Lake Austin Blvd. They’re open 24 hours, which is always a plus! They have an amazing breakfast menu and the pancakes are our favorite!
- They have a great weekend brunch menu, with awesome mimosas and bellinis! Other favorite dishes are the Monte Cristo sandwich and the Veggie Burger. They have lots of outdoor seating, too, which is perfect for larger parties. Be sure to arrive early, since this place is always pretty busy, too!
5 More Amazing Brunch Spots in Austin, TX
- Bouldin Creek Cafe – Bouldin Creek is a great South Austin gem! They have a large menu of great food, and tons of vegetarian and vegan options, which is perfect for all your party! This place has some of the best vegetarian dishes in town.
- Their drink menu has a pretty large selection of great, local beer and wine. The 512 Porter is one of Jason’s faves! Diana loves “The Beyonce” drink, as well. Be sure to try their sparkling Mojito for Brunch! If you miss brunch, they’ve got a great happy hour! 🙂
- Trudy’s – Trudy’s has a great menu with so many amazing choices! Their brunch menu is awesome and they have great Sunday brunch drink specials! They have $2.50 Bloody Mary’s, Mimosas, Salty Dogs, and much more!
- Trudy’s has plenty of space for large parties, and lots of locations to choose from, in Austin, and one in Dripping Springs. We go to Trudy’s pretty much weekly. Their Sopapillas are the BEST in town, especially since they’re served with Austin’s own, Amy’s Mexican Vanilla Ice Cream! Try them, you’ll love ’em! We also love the Cuban Martinis! 🙂
- Swift’s Attic – Swift Attic is a great place, near downtown, on Congress Avenue. Their great Sunday brunch is from 10:30 AM – 3 PM, and they do take reservations, too! Their brunch menu has a good variety of food and lots of tasty cocktails! Be sure to try their build your own “Swift’s Bloody Mary” or “Swift’s Bloody Beer.” Add some spice and it’s delicious!
- Grand Lux Cafe – The Grand Lux is a chain, but still has amazing food! We prefer local, over chains, any day, but that’s just our Austin-influence. 🙂 The weekend brunch menu has a pretty good variety of food, with a great choice of pancakes, too! Their “morning cocktails” are awesome! Try their Strawberry Bellini or the “Sparkling Spanish Rose.” You won’t be disappointed!
- Jack Allen’s Kitchen – Jack Allen’s does take reservations, which is great! They have a few locations in the Austin area, and one in Oak Hill, which isn’t too far from the Dripping Springs area venues. Check out their brunch menu for all the great food and cocktails!
Other Great Post-Wedding Austin Brunch Places
As always, while this list is a great list, there are so many great brunch places in Austin that we may not have included. We wrote this post-wedding Austin brunch list aimed at great places that are able to accommodate larger parties.
Many of our favorite places did not get included since we can’t write the top 50 or 100 places (that would take way too long). I’m sure we left off a few of your favorites, too. Feedback and comments are always welcome!
More Great Recommendations
For more great restaurant recommendations, read our The Best Austin Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Spots article!
Note: we originally wrote this article in April of 2018. We’ve recently updated it to better serve you! We were also part of the ATX Brunch Fest, which was amazing since we love brunch. We will be a part of the next one, too. We certainly hope to write about some all-new post-wedding brunch places that we discover, soon! 🙂