The Wedding Rehearsal Dinner – The wedding rehearsal is really just another great party, with your closest family and friends, which typically happens 1-2 nights before the wedding. If you expect it to be a lively party, with alcohol and ending late, then perhaps you should opt for 2 nights before your wedding date, just in case. 🙂
Do You Have to Have a Rehearsal Dinner?
Do you have to have a rehearsal dinner? No. Sometimes there’s just not enough time on the weekend of your wedding, to fit everything into your schedule. If you do have the time, then this is a great time to enjoy some time with your closest family and friends. You’ll have the time to talk to them and really enjoy their company.
Things to Consider, When Planning Your Rehearsal
So if you decide to do the rehearsal dinner, you’ll need to know which places in the Austin and central Texas area are the best to be able to accommodate your wedding rehearsal dinner. First, consider your venue packages and what they offer. Often times your venue will have packages to allow you to have your rehearsal dinner on-site!
Austin’s Top 10 Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Places
Where should you have your wedding rehearsal dinner in Austin/central Texas? Well, If you decide to have your rehearsal dinner off-site, there are several great options in the Austin/Central Texas area. We did some research, as well as asked our fellow wedding professionals, and here’s what we came up with. Though there are numerous great places, here are the Top 10 Places:
- Punchbowl Social – Punchbowl Social is more than a restaurant. They have bowling, arcade games, virtual reality, and even offer Karaoke! This is a great spot to eat, rehearse, and have fun!
- The County Line– The County Line has been serving up great Texas BBQ for 40 years, which means they’re doing something right! Regardless of which location you choose, the food is great and the service is stellar! You’ll enjoy a great time at The County Line.
- Deep Eddy – Deep Eddy is not only a great brand of Vodka but the Deep Eddy Distillery, in Dripping Springs, is a great spot to have your rehearsal dinner, too! The bar serves a variety of amazing drinks, featuring all the different Deep Eddy flavors, and it’s just an overall great hangout spot, too! They do offer great BBQ from a food truck, just outside the distillery, if you’re hungry. Even if you’re not having your rehearsal dinner, here, it’s a great spot to bring your wedding party, during the weekend of your wedding!
- The Salt Lick – The Salt Lick has amazing bbq and a fun, Texas-style atmosphere. The Driftwood location is the famous, original location. The Salt Lick also has a few wedding venues, so if you book one of their venues, you get their awesome bbq, catered! Even if you don’t have your rehearsal here, you should definitely put the Salt Lick on your spots to visit lists, for your wedding website. The bbq is sure to hit the spot!
- Duchman Family Winery – The Duchman Family Winery is a great place to visit. You can tour the vineyards, and enjoy their large indoor/outdoor spaces. The shaded picnic area is always a huge hit for hanging out on the weekends. Stop by and enjoy their award-winning wine!
- Trudy’s – Trudy’s is an all-time Austin favorite. Trudy’s has great Tex-Mex food and their bar serves up some amazing cocktails and drinks! Stop by here for their great food and drinks, even if you’re not hosting your rehearsal dinner, here.
- Moonshine Grill – Moonshine serves up some awesome comfort food and has a great bar menu filled with tasty drinks! You can host your party of up to 25 guests in their banquet room. Stop by for brunch, lunch, and dinner, here!
- Bucca di Beppo – Bucca di Beppo offers great, family-style Italian dining in a nice atmosphere. They offer a variety of dining and bar packages for your wedding rehearsal dinner, party, or event. Their menu features some of your favorite Italian dishes and is always sure to please!
- Olive & June – Olive and June is one of our favorite dining spots in Austin! They have an awesome menu and the atmosphere is very unique. They have indoor and outdoor space that is perfect for your wedding rehearsal dinner or just a great dinner with you and your wedding party! Stop by, you won’t be disappointed!
- Maggiano’s – Maggiano’s is another great spot to host your party or dinner, or even book your entire wedding! They have great food and drinks and the service is always awesome!
Other Great Rehearsal Dinner Options
Of course, there are so many great places to eat dinner, in the number 1 city to live in, in the United States (recent news from US News & World Report). These are the ones most people recommended. If you know of a great place that did not make the list, feel free to email us and let us know! 🙂 Check out The Knot’s Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Basics, for planning tips. Next, we’ll discuss some great brunch options, for the day after the wedding!
As always, contact us for any wedding rehearsal dinner questions, or any questions at all, and we’ll be happy to help!
– Austins Best DJs & Photo Booths