21 Great Wedding Dinner/Cocktail Hour Playlist Songs
Every weekend, all year long, we provide DJs and photo booths for weddings, parties, quinceaneras, and events! We are truly honored that so many couples and clients choose us to help them create great memories for their special celebrations.
Although every wedding and event is different, and each client chooses their music for their event, usually, couples will simply choose their genres for dinner and cocktail hour. Jazz, Swing, Big Band, Acoustic, and Country, tend to be the most popular genres chosen.
So if you’re not sure what songs to choose for your dinner or cocktail hour playlist, simply tell your DJ or band the genre of music you prefer, and most professional DJs will be able to create the perfect wedding dinner/cocktail hour playlist for your special day.
If you’d rather have more control over what is played, you can certainly decide what songs are played. Here are some great songs suggestions, based on what our 2019 clients have chosen, for dinner, or cocktail hour, that your guests are sure to love! If you’re not familiar with the song, simply click the title to watch the video!
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra (this is a great song for any time of the night, and even a first dance or last song).
- Summer Wind – Frank Sinatra (this is the song at the end of the first episode of Ozark, season 2 – we love that show, by the way). 🙂
- In Bloom – Sturgill Simpson – Yes, this is a remake of the Nirvana classic hit, and it’s a great remake!
- The Promise – Sturgill Simpson – Another great remake of the classic 80’s hit!
- Coming Home – Leon Bridges – We love this Texas artist, not just because he’s from Texas, but because he’s awesome! 🙂
- River – Leon Bridges
- Lost in My Mind – The Head and the Heart – Many of this group’s songs are great!
- Let’s Be Still – The Head and the Heart
- The Wine We Drink – Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors
- American Beauty – Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors
- Dog Days Are Over – Florence + The Machine (this is a more upbeat song that can be played for cocktail hour, dinner, or the dance).
- Live Forever – Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors
- Call it Dreaming – Iron & Wine
- Fade Into You – Mazzy Star
- Black Hole Sun – Norah Jones – It’s hard to remake Soundgarden’s classic, but Norah Jones does a great job making this song her own! We know Chris Cornell can never be replaced. 🙁
- Nothing Compares to You – Prince – Prince originally wrote this song and not Sinead O’Connor. This song is a hidden gem.
- Keeper of the Stars – Tracy Byrd – This song is still a great song, after over 2 decades!
- It’s Your Love – Tim McGraw – another great Country hit that works for any part of the wedding!
- I Cross My Heart – George Strait – you can’t have a wedding in Texas, without playing songs from the King of Country! 🙂
- Amazed – Lonestar – This song is almost 2 decades old, but it’s still requested very often!
- Kiss Me in The Dark – Randy Rogers Band – Every Texas wedding should have at least one Texas Country song! 🙂 There are many awesome ones, of course. Check out our article, Top 25 Texas Country Songs For Your Wedding/Event, for more examples!
These are just a few great examples of common song requests for wedding dinner/cocktail hour playlist songs that have been popular, this year. Be sure to read our other article, The Perfect Cocktail Hour Playlist, for more great examples!
Also, if you are planning a rehearsal dinner, you can certainly play these songs, there, too! Check out our Top Austin Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Venues article for great locations to have your dinner!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths