Searching for the best wedding songs for your 2022 or 2023 wedding reception? Great, you’re definitely in the right place! We went through our 2022 wedding requests, as well as our 2023 wedding requests (some clients have already sent us their playlists), and compiled a list of the top 30 wedding reception songs!
Top 15 Wedding Songs for 2022/2023 Weddings
So let’s get to that wedding songs list, now.
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston – This classic 80s dance hit has been packing dancefloors for many years! It’s a fun song, and almost a must-play for any wedding we have done in the last few years! This is the #1 requested wedding reception song!
- “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid – This line dance is always a crowd favorite. Even if you don’t care for the song, we guarantee you that one of your guests will request it. haha, It happens at every wedding/event.
- “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars – This song has been quite popular for weddings and events since it came out. It’s catchy and fun! It’s definitely a crowd favorite.
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond -Everyone loves this song and sings along every time we play it. Your guests will love it, trust us!
- “Yeah” by Usher – Who doesn’t love this song? It’s hard to believe it’s over 10 years old, but it still packs the dancefloor!
- “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey – A classic rock song that everyone loves to sing at the top of their lungs. This tends to be a favorite towards the end of the night, for the send-off, or as the last song. Play it and your guests will go crazy!
- “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire – Even if the ’70s genre doesn’t make your playlist, you should seriously consider adding this song to your playlist. Your older relatives and grandparents will love it! Everyone, no matter what age, dances to this song!
- “Dancing Queen” – everyone, young and old, LOVES this song! It’s an instant dance floor filler!
- “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon – This upbeat dance song is still a fun, high-energy song that your guests will love.
- “Wobble” by VIC – is another very popular line dance. Younger guests tend to love this one.
- “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers – This song is a fun, alternative dance hit that gets your guests singing and dancing. Be sure to add this to your wedding songs playlist!
- “Cha Cha Slide” by Mr. C the Slide Man – is another favorite line dance that even the younger kids love. You can thank their PE teachers for knowing this one. haha
- “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks – Even if country music isn’t your thing, you should certainly add this one to your wedding songs playlist. People love it and will sing this song as loud as they can, every time they hear it! This song will make you Country music lovers happy!
- “Hey Ya” by Outkast – Wow, it’s hard to believe this song came out in 2003! This song is still a fun, upbeat song that your guests will dance to.
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas – This song is almost a must-play for any wedding/event. About 80% of our clients have this on their wedding songs playlist.
15 More, Fun Wedding Reception Songs
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake – this song is another fun, upbeat song that always makes the wedding songs list.
- “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus – Can you believe that this song is already 11 years old? Wow! It’s still a fun song that will have your guests singing at the top of their lungs!
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi – This classic 80s song is still a fan favorite. Your older guests will love it. Your younger guests will also know the song, so you can’t go wrong with this favorite.
- “Wannabe” by Spice Girls – This song is wildly popular for the bridesmaids and even the groomsmen sing along to it, too!
- “Everybody” by Backstreet Boys – Another classic 90s pop hit. You have to play “Wannabe” along with this one, if you’re going to play some 90s pop!
- “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars – It’s no secret that Bruno Mars is on the wedding songs list again. He’s had a very good run of hits over the years. This is a great song for your pop playlist.
- “Tennesse Whiskey” by Chris Stapleton – This is a great Country song that is newer, but has the old country song feel. This is a remake and one of the few times that the remake sounds better than the original. Play this one as one of your slow wedding songs. Your guests will love it!
- “Low” – this is always a fun, upbeat song that everyone loves.
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins – This 80s line dance has seen a resurgence since Blake Shelton redid it and made it popular again. We find that most people prefer this version over the Blake Shelton version, though.
- “Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC – This classic rock song is always a fun song to play. People will always bust out their best air guitar skills to this one.
- “Marry You” by Bruno Mars – This song has been played at many weddings. We often play it during the ceremony, as well as the reception.
- “Love Shack” by the B-52s – If you love the 80s, then you know this is a must-play song for any 80s music set! Add this and your guests will definitely dance.
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison – This is a classic song that is often played for the father/daughter dance. Even if you don’t use it for that key moment, it’s still perfect for any wedding! Your older relatives are sure to get out there and dance!
- “Man, I Feel Like a Woman” – this song always gets the dance floor packed!
- “Hot in Herre” – This song is a 2000’s must-play!
If you want to listen to any of these songs, visit our Top Wedding Reception Songs YouTube playlist! Check out our other great articles for Country wedding songs, wedding processional/recessional songs, Texas country love songs, father & daughter dance songs, and more!