Searching for the best wedding songs for your 2020 or 2021 wedding reception? Great, you’re definitely in the right place! We went through our 2020 wedding requests, as well as our 2021 wedding requests (some clients have already sent us their playlists), and compiled a list of the top 30 wedding reception songs!
Top 15 Wedding Songs for 2020/2021 Weddings
So let’s get to that wedding songs list, now.
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston – This classic 80s dance hit has been packing dancefloors for many years! It’s a fun song, and almost a must-play for any wedding we have done in the last few years! This is the #1 requested wedding reception song!
- “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars – This song has been quite popular for weddings and events since it came out. It’s catchy and fun! It’s definitely a crowd favorite.
- “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid – This line dance is always a crowd favorite. Even if you don’t care for the song, we guarantee you that one of your guests will request it. haha It happens at every wedding/event.
- “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey – A classic rock song that everyone loves to sing at the top of their lungs. This tends to be a favorite towards the end of the night, for send-off, or as a last song. Play it and your guests will go crazy!
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond -Everyone loves this song and sings along every time we play it. Your guests will love it, trust us!
- “Yeah” by Usher – Who doesn’t love this song? It’s hard to believe it’s over 10 years old, but it still packs the dancefloor!
- “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon – This upbeat dance song is still a fun, high energy song that your guests will love.
- “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire – Even if the ’70s genre doesn’t make your playlist, you should seriously consider adding this song to your playlist. Your older relatives and grandparents will love it! Everyone, no matter what age, dances to this song!
- “Wobble” by VIC – this is another very popular line dance. Younger guests tend to love this one.
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake – this song is another fun, upbeat song that always makes the wedding songs list.
- “Cha Cha Slide” by Mr. C the Slide Man – this is another favorite line dance that even the younger kids love. You can thank their PE teachers for knowing this one. haha
- “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks – Even if country music isn’t your thing, you should certainly add this one to your wedding songs playlist. People love it and will sing this song as loud as they can, every time they hear it! This song will make you Country music lovers happy!
- “Dancing Queen” by Abba – You know this song, probably because of the movies that play it. This is another 1970’s must-play!
- “Hey Ya” by Outkast – Wow, it’s hard to believe this song came out in 2003! This song is still a fun, upbeat song that your guests will dance to.
- “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars – It’s no secret that Bruno Mars is on the wedding songs list again. He’s had a very good run of hits over the years. This is a great song for your pop playlist.
15 More, Fun Wedding Reception Songs
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi – This classic 80s song is still a fan favorite. Your older guests will love it. Your younger guests will also know the song, so you can’t go wrong with this favorite.
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas – This song is almost a must-play for any wedding/event. About 80% of our clients have this on their wedding songs playlist.
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins – This 80s line dance has seen a resurgence since Blake Shelton redid it and made it popular again. We find that most people prefer this version over the Blake Shelton version, though.
- “Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC – This classic rock song is always a fun song to play. People will always bust out their best air guitar skills to this one.
- “Wannabe” by Spice Girls – This song is wildly popular for the bridesmaids and even the groomsmen sing along to it, too!
- “Everybody” by Backstreet Boys – Another classic 90s pop hit. You have to play “Wannabe” along with this one, if you’re going to play some 90s pop!
- “Marry You” by Bruno Mars – This song has been played at many weddings. We often play it during the ceremony, as well as the reception.
- “Tennesse Whiskey” by Chris Stapleton – This is a great Country song that is newer, but has the old country song feel. This is a remake and one of the few times that the remake sounds better than the original. Play this one as one of your slow wedding songs. Your guests will love it!
- “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus – Can you believe that this song is already 11 years old? Wow! It’s still a fun song that will have your guests singing at the top of their lungs!
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison – This is a classic song that is often played for the father/daughter dance. Even if you don’t use it for that key moment, it’s still perfect for any wedding! Your older relatives are sure to get out there and dance!
- “Love Shack” by the B-52s – If you love the 80s, then you know this is a must-play song for any 80s music set! Add this and your guests will definitely dance.
- “Shout” by the Isley Brothers – This is a classic song and your older relatives and grandparents will love it! Play this early in the night and they’ll be right on that dance floor.
- “This is How We Do It” by Montel Jordan – If you’re playing 90’s music, then this is a must. People love this song and they’ll definitely dance.
- “Pour Some Sugar on Me” by Def Leppard – This is a fun 80s rock song that is played at many weddings. Many people will play this as their cake cutting song.
- “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers – This song is a fun, alternative dance hit that gets your guests singing and dancing. Be sure to add this to your wedding songs playlist!
If you want to listen to any of these songs, visit our Top Wedding Reception Songs YouTube playlist! Check out our other great articles for Country wedding songs, wedding processional/recessional songs, Texas country love songs, father & daughter dance songs, and more!