Wedding processional and recessional songs are important! You definitely want to choose a song that fits your personality, or something that speaks to you as a couple. Sure, you could take the easy route and just play "Canon in D" from Pachabell, but that's not you! You're different and want your wedding to be different. That's why you're here, reading this, of course! :)
Last year, we wrote a similar article, 20 great non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs, which tons of people read, every day! What we noticed was that even the "non-traditional" songs, were starting to become the norm at many weddings. So... we decided to write another article, with different songs for you to consider. Feel free to read both articles and choose a song that works perfectly for your wedding ceremony! If you're looking for Country or Texas Country song ideas, please read our Texas Country Wedding Songs article. Any of those songs are great for the ceremony and definitely for the dance!
A recent survey was done, and participants were asked what they remembered most, from weddings they attended. The majority of participants said they remember the food, music, and basically the key moments and songs: ceremony processional/recessional songs, first dance, bouquet/garter toss, and the last song of the night. I guess they weren't paying attention to ALL of the other details, or were probably on their phones. :) That being said, at least they'll remember the important moments, and your ceremony is by far one of the most important moments of your wedding day, of course! So here is our updated list of songs for you to consider. Some of the songs may be similar, as they're great wedding songs, of course, but we don't play or hear them as much as others. If you don't know the song, just click the link to listen to it.
1. "You're the One That I Want" - Angus & Julia Stone (Yes, this is the song from Grease, but it's an awesome cover)
2. "God Only Knows" - The Beach Boys (a classic, and great wedding song)
3. "Here Comes the Sun" - The Beatles (always a great song for anytime during the wedding)
4. "Forever" - Ben Harper
5. "The Luckiest" - Ben Folds
6. "Lost in the Moment" Big & Rich
7. "La Vie En Rose" - Cristin Milioti (This is a great cover and actually from a "How I Met Your Mother episode, believe it or not)
8. "From the Ground Up" - Dan + Shay
9. "For My Wedding" - Don Henley
10. "Perfect Symphony" - Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli Yes, this is "Perfect," from Ed Sheeran, but it's very different. We saw Andrea Bocelli, live, and wow, he was amazing!
11. "Without You" - Eddie Vedder (for the Alternative Rock lovers, here's a great song from one of the best Alt Rock singers)
12. "Songbird" - Fleetwood Mac (Just a great song for any time)
13. "To Make You Feel My Love" - Garth Brooks (Adele's version is very popular for weddings, so you can be different and play Garth's version)
14. "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Haley Reinhart (This is popular, and when you hear it, you'll know why)
15. "Stand By Me" - Ben E. King (This song is a classic and yes, it was even played at the Royal wedding).
So there you have it, some different, non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs. You can use these for the first dance, candle or sand ceremony, or any moment, since they're all great songs, that are not over-played. If you want to take it a step further, you can even just get the instrumental remakes of any of these songs, too! Happy planning and congratulations!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Wedding & Event Planning Tips - Written By Certified Wedding/Event Planners!
We've taken our decades of experience and compiled it into a few helpful articles, to help you plan your wedding or event!
All 2018/2019 Quinceanera Trends 2018/2019 Wedding Song Ideas 2018/2019 Wedding Trends 4th Of July Event ABDJs Featured In Brides Magazine Anniversary Party Tips Apartment Event DJ Austin Bridal Show Austin Karaoke Dj Austin Quinceanera Djs Austins-best-djs-day Austin Uplighting Austin Wedding Djs Austin Wedding Planner Bangladeshi-wedding-entrance Become A Wedding Officiant - Online Big Fake Wedding Dripping Springs Birthday Party Dj Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Bouquet & Garter Toss Songs Bridal Shower Planning Tips Cinco De Mayo Playlist Cocktail Hour Playlist College Event DJ Community Events Festivals Corporate Event DJ Country Love Songs Country Wedding Songs Custom Monogram Destination Wedding Planning Tips DIY Planning Tips DJ Austin DJ Cost For New Year's Eve Driftwood Dj Dripping Springs Dj Father Daughter Songs Fiesta-gardens-austin Fortnite Promposal Free Wedding Dj Package Gonzales Wedding DJ Graduation Party Dj Gratuity For Wedding And Event Vendors Halloween Party Playlist Hang The DJ Holiday Party DJ Holiday Party Ideas Kyle Photo Booth Rental Kyle Wedding DJ Lawn Giant Game Rentals Austin Leander Bluegrass Festival Leander Liberty Fest LGBTQ Wedding Vendor Lighted Marquee Letter Rental Mobile Beat DJ Magazine Money Saving Tips Mother Son Songs Multicultural Wedding New Year's Eve Party Non Traditional Wedding Processional Songs Non Traditional Wedding Recessional Songs Non Traditional Wedding Songs Order Custom First Dance Mix Photo Booth Ideas Photo Booth Rental Austin Photo Booth Rental Cost Photo Booth Rental Leander Photo Booth Rental New Year's Eve Photo Booth Rental San Antonio Photo Booth Rental Tips Pool Party DJs Project Graduation DJ Prom DJ Austin Prom Photo Booth Promposal Trends Questions For Wedding Vendors Quinceanera DJ Quinceanera Expo Quinceanera Father Daughter Songs Quinceanera Photo Booth Quinceanera Planning Tips Rent A Generator For Events Retirement Party Royal Wedding Music San Marcos DJ San Marcos Photo Booth School Dance DJ Spotify Vs Wedding DJ Sweet 15 & 16 DJ Sweet 16 DJ Texas Country Wedding Songs Tips For Hiring Mariachis Tips To Relieve Stress & Anxiety Top 10 Austin Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Places Top 10 Brunch Places Austin Top 200 Wedding Songs 2018/2019 Top Quinceanera Songs TX Wedding Planning Tips Unique Wedding Themes Wedding Budget Spreadsheet Wedding Coordinator Wedding DJ Buda Wedding DJ Cost Wedding Dj Dripping Springs Wedding DJ Questions Wedding Entrance Exit Songs Wedding Games Wedding Hashtag Generator Wedding Photo Booth Rental Wedding Timeline What Is A Quinceanera What To Weat To A Quinceanera Wimberley Wedding DJs Zilker Clubhouse Austin