1. How much are your services per hour? We generally charge $200 per hour, but we can offer a discount when booking our DJs for the same event.
2. Do you have a minimum amount of time I must fulfill? We require a 2 hour minimum, but under rare circumstances, we can be flexible with this rule.
3. Does a staff member stay with the equipment and assist my guests the whole time? Our photo booth is very easy to operate, but we always have an attendant on-site at the event.
4. What do your printouts look like and are they unlimited? Our printouts can be customized to 2x6 strips or 4x6 strips. Each can have 2, 3, or 4 photos on the strip. We offer unlimited prints for the duration of the time booked.
5. How much do I need to put down as a deposit to secure our date for your services? We require a $100 deposit, depending on your event needs.
6. Does your equipment feature any online social media sharing aspects my guests can use, if so how much extra is that? Yes, if the venue or location of the event has wi-fi, we can hook up the feature to automatically allow online social media sharing.
7. What other extras do you offer and how much are they (photo album book, custom message/pictures on each printout, etc)? We offer a custom message or logo free of charge when booking our services. We have the availability to include 1 print out of each photo taken into a photo album. We currently don't have a charge for this as it is not requested from guests.
8. What all is included in your Prop Kit and how hygienic is it - also can I supply my own props? We provide typical props, some of which can be worn, some cannot. Most of our props are hand made and are on a stick to hold. We feel this is more hygienic. We also sanitize all of our props after each use.
9. Do you also offer an 'Open Air' rental option or just the enclosed Booth with the bench and curtains - if so how much does that cost compared to the Booth? We offer both, and both are the same price.
10. Do you charge a delivery and/or setup/breakdown fee? All of our fees are included in the price.
11. How do I get a digital copy of each individual picture/strip/GIF taken at my event? Just ask us, and we can either include a USB thumb drive with all of the photos taken, or we can upload them to Dropbox.
12. What time would you arrive to deliver/unload and set up equipment? We generally arrive 1.5 hours before each event.
13. How much time does it take you to break down and clear the equipment from my home? It takes approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to set up and break down.
14. What does your equipment look like? We have a two-part stackable photobooth wooden enclosed case with a touch screen for guests to push when ready to take pictures. Our enclosed booth is a black 5x5 tent-style booth. Our open air comes with any of our 5 backdrops and can be placed against a wall.
15. Why are you better than the other companies I am looking at hiring? We feel our pricing is fair and our quality of prints is exceptional. We believe in customer service, and we feel we should provide a service to our customers, which makes them happy, as well. We are straight forward and hassle free.
When it comes to weddings and events, people want to make their event unique. Playing songs that you love is what the DJ or band should do. The hard part is figuring out how many songs to add to your playlist. Should you add as many songs as possible, or leave it up to the DJ or band? The short answer is, it's your wedding or event, so it's totally up to you.
Overall, it's best to keep in mind that you have a timeline to stick to. Weddings and events are usually between 4-6 hours, sometimes shorter or longer. The average wedding that we do is 5 hours. First, you have to begin your playlist by identifying which key moment songs you want played. "Key moments" means the moments that happen in every wedding reception, such as: First dance, father/daughter, mother/son, bouquet/garter toss, cake cutting, last song, send-off song, etc. So if you have all those, that's already 7 songs, or about 30 minutes. Keep in mind, inviting everyone to the dance floor for the bouquet/garter tosses, often takes 5 minutes, each. Someone is always outside or can't be found. :) The cake cutting usually takes about 15 minutes, too. Sometimes, couples choose to do a "dollar dance," which is usually 3-4 songs, depending upon how many guests are present and participate in this. This usually takes about 15 minutes, sometimes more, if there are lots of guests. So with the above songs, as well as a dollar dance, this is about an hour.
So now that you're down an hour, into your dance portion (don't forget cocktail hour and dinner, which are usually an hour each), you have the remaining hours to pick music for your playlist. It's a good idea to get your guests to request songs before the wedding day, via email. Couples often will send out emails, asking: "What two songs will make you dance at our wedding?" Then, the couple will compile the list, and send it to us. This ensures that you'll have requests from a variety of guests. This is a good idea, since all your guests may have varying taste in music. Keep in mind, the average song is 3 minutes long, which is about 20 songs per hour. Add up the requests and use this average, to determine how much time you have left.
So overall, keep in mind, cocktail hour, dinner, and the key moments will all take about 2.5 - 3 hours of your reception time. The remaining time will be the dance portion. If your wedding or event is 5 hours, that leaves 2 hours, which is only about 40 songs. Another way to hear your favorite music is to have the DJ play it during cocktail hour and dinner. The slow songs or eclectic songs can be played, then. Leave the fun songs for the dance! So when you're planning your dance, keep all the above mentioned info in mind. We've had couples send us 200 songs, to play, but their event was only 4 hours, which is only 80 songs. Using our 20 songs per hour rule will help you plan your reception efficiently.
Lastly, you don't actually have to come up with 80 songs, which can be difficult. You can always come up with 20-30 must-play songs, any do-not-play songs, and then let the DJ fill in the rest with the hits that he/she knows will get people on the dance floor! As always, if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!
- Austin's Best DJs Team
Wedding & Event Planning Tips - Written By Certified Wedding/Event Planners!
We've taken our decades of experience and compiled it into a few helpful articles, to help you plan your wedding or event!
All 2018/2019 Quinceanera Trends 2018/2019 Wedding Song Ideas 2018/2019 Wedding Trends 4th Of July Event ABDJs Featured In Brides Magazine Anniversary Party Tips Apartment Event DJ Austin Bridal Show Austin Karaoke Dj Austin Quinceanera Djs Austins-best-djs-day Austin Uplighting Austin Wedding Djs Austin Wedding Planner Band Vs Dj For Wedding Bangladeshi-wedding-entrance Become A Wedding Officiant - Online Big Fake Wedding Dripping Springs Birthday Party Dj Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Bouquet & Garter Toss Songs Bridal Shower Planning Tips Cinco De Mayo Playlist Cocktail Hour Playlist College Event DJ Community Events Festivals Corporate Event DJ Country Love Songs Country Wedding Songs Custom Monogram Destination Wedding Planning Tips DIY Planning Tips DJ Austin DJ Cost For New Year's Eve Driftwood Dj Dripping Springs Dj Father Daughter Songs Fiesta-gardens-austin Fortnite Promposal Free Wedding Dj Package Gonzales Wedding DJ Graduation Party Dj Gratuity For Wedding And Event Vendors Halloween Party Playlist Hang The DJ Holiday Party DJ Holiday Party Ideas Kyle Photo Booth Rental Kyle Wedding DJ Lawn Giant Game Rentals Austin Leander Bluegrass Festival Leander Liberty Fest LGBTQ Wedding Vendor Lighted Marquee Letter Rental Mobile Beat DJ Magazine Money Saving Tips Mother Son Songs Multicultural Wedding New Year's Eve Party Non Traditional Wedding Processional Songs Non Traditional Wedding Recessional Songs Non Traditional Wedding Songs Order Custom First Dance Mix Photo Booth Ideas Photo Booth Rental Austin Photo Booth Rental Cost Photo Booth Rental Leander Photo Booth Rental New Year's Eve Photo Booth Rental San Antonio Photo Booth Rental Tips Photo Booth Trends Pool Party DJs Project Graduation DJ Prom DJ Austin Prom Photo Booth Promposal Trends Questions For Wedding Vendors Quinceanera DJ Quinceanera Expo Quinceanera Father Daughter Songs Quinceanera Photo Booth Quinceanera Planning Tips Rent A Generator For Events Retirement Party Royal Wedding Music San Marcos DJ San Marcos Photo Booth School Dance DJ Spotify Vs Wedding DJ Sweet 15 & 16 DJ Texas Country Wedding Songs Tips For Hiring Mariachis Tips To Relieve Stress & Anxiety Top 10 Austin Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Places Top 10 Brunch Places Austin Top 200 Wedding Songs 2018/2019 Top Quinceanera Songs TX Wedding Planning Tips Unique Wedding Themes Wedding Budget Spreadsheet Wedding Coordinator Wedding DJ Buda Wedding DJ Cost Wedding Dj Dripping Springs Wedding DJ Questions Wedding Entrance Exit Songs Wedding Games Wedding Hashtag Generator Wedding Photo Booth Rental Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Wedding Timeline What Is A Quinceanera What To Weat To A Quinceanera Wimberley Wedding DJs Zilker Clubhouse Austin