The week of July 18 - 23, we had numerous weddings and events! We started the week with providing DJ and photo booth services for the South Texas Family Support Conference, Tuesday and Wednesday, at the Holiday Inn Midtown, in Austin, TX.
Thursday, July 21, we had a fun wedding at Texas Old Town, in Kyle, Texas! The ceremony was perfect and everyone had a great time! Congrats, again, to Mr. and Mrs. Wiley!
Friday, July 22, we had a great wedding at Kevin Fowler's Rustic Ranch, in Wimberly, Texas. Congrats to the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Cox! Wow, everyone had a blast, dancing, and having a great time! This was the first time we saw "Beer Burros" at a wedding. These miniature Donkeys were walking around with baskets of beer! Everyone loved it!
Saturday, July 23, we had numerous events. We had a 60th birthday party in Bee Caves, a wedding at Chateau on the Creek, in Round Rock, and a wedding with DJ & photo booth services at Settles Point, in Harker Heights, Texas! Congrats to all the couples and thanks so much to everyone, for choosing us to be a part of your special day!
- Austin's Best DJs Team
Since the warmer months began this year, we've been providing DJ and photo booth services for pool parties at numerous apartment complexes and subdivisions all around Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Kyle, San Marcos, and around Central Texas! It wouldn't be summer without a pool party, and it wouldn't be a party without a great DJ to provide the music! We look forward to many more Luaus, pool parties, and other resident events for the rest of the summer! If you need a DJ for your apartment or subdivision pool party or any event, you know who to call!
- Austin's Best DJs Team
If you're currently planning to have a wedding in the Austin or central Texas area, then you have already realized that the expenses can add up, fast! Chances are, you're using the internet to do your research, and you should certainly start by doing just that. We included the above infographic to show you the average cost of a wedding in Austin, Texas. The cost of your wedding can vary, depending on your needs and your budget. So let's talk more about our specialty, wedding DJ and photo booth services.
As you may have already noticed, the price for wedding entertainment can really vary, depending upon where you're looking. In general, bands are more expensive than DJs. As you have seen, however, some DJs/DJ companies can charge just as much as bands. Our advice is simple, do your research. Check out reputable sites, such as The Knot or Wedding Wire, and even Facebook, for reviews and to see what actual customers are saying about the DJ and their quality of work. The good thing about the wedding sites is that you can easily compare companies, side-by-side; however, that can also be a problem. This is because if you compare these companies, many of them sound like they're pretty much the same. So how do you know who is best for your event? Here's our advice.
1. Determine a Budget - How much are you comfortable spending for entertainment? Will you spend it all on a DJ, or are you wanting a DJ and photo booth? Choose what's best for you and your guests.
2. What's Included - Start comparing what is actually offered with the price you're paying. This is where the true differences are. Some DJs start with a great price, but it only includes a limited amount of hours, like 3 hours. They do this, knowing you'll certainly have to purchase more time. Don't fall for it! Do they include everything you'll need? Some companies will not include a microphone, or even "MC" services. Surprisingly, you'll have to pay more for those things with some companies.
3. Ceremony Music - If you need the DJ for the ceremony, find out if they will provide ceremony services, and how much it will cost. Many companies will charge several hundreds more dollars for this, so find out what's included with the ceremony addition.
4. Custom Playlist - Find out if you're able to choose songs for your wedding. Are you limited to what they offer you, or can you choose other songs? We've seen some companies limit their clients to their library and even seen others charge $1.00 for each song that the couple specifically wants played. That can add up, so definitely ask about a playlist.
5. Lighting - Find out if the DJ company will include dance floor lighting. Surprisingly, many companies don't include dance floor lighting. They'll charge you more to add it. Many venues can be very dark at night, so lighting is usually a must!
6. Other Options - Always ask about other options. Do they offer uplighting? A monogram? Photo booth? Projector? You can often save money by getting all of your options from one vendor, as opposed to hiring several vendors. We recently did an event that hired an outside company for the sound system. For some reason, they were unclear that we already included this with our services, despite us telling them. That company charged thousands more, and honestly, their sound system was terrible in comparison to ours.
Overall, there are numerous things to consider when hiring a DJ for your wedding in Austin, Central Texas, or anywhere! This is a great starting point, but certainly do your research and ask as many questions as you need to, to be sure you're hiring the best company for your needs. Here's a link to a great website that will allow you to find out the average cost of a wedding in your area by simply typing in your zip code! Here's the link to the average cost of wedding in Austin, Texas. Simply copy/paste the code to get detailed info, which is a great starting point to know how much you should be paying. Don't get gouged!
Check out the average prices. If you're having a wedding in a different city/zip code, simply change the zip code. We hope this article has been helpful. As always, feel free to email us with any questions and we'll be happy to help!
- Austin's Best DJs Team
7/2 Wedding - Saengerrunde Hall Austin, TX.
This past Saturday, we had the pleasure of providing DJ and photo booth services for this great wedding in Austin, TX. Wow, this talented couple, Chantel & Justin, and their friends and family had a blast! Even in the ceremony, their vows were very heartfelt and sincere. There wasn't a dry eye in the room! :) What was really different was that they did the traditional first dance, and then planned a performance, singing their favorite Disney songs! Both Chantel and Justin were great singers and performers and it was so much fun to watch! Here's a small clip of them doing "A Whole New World!" We'll never forget this wedding! As we always say to our clients, make your as unique as you are. Indeed, they did!
This past 4th of July weekend was a very busy, fun weekend for us! We had 4th of July community events all over Austin, as well as 3 weddings, in Austin and Central Texas! We had a resident pool party at Ballpark East Apartments, in Austin; weddings at Saengerrunde Hall & The Allan House, in Austin; a 4th of July community event at the Sweetwater community, in the Lake Travis/Bee Caves area; and a wedding at Texas Old Town, in Kyle, Texas! We're happy to have provided our DJ and photo booth services for so many events in the Austin and Central Texas area. We look forward to this weekend, and every weekend, to do it all over again for awesome Austin and Central Texas clients!
- Austin's Best DJs Team
Austin's Best DJs
We've taken our decades of experience and compiled it into a few helpful articles, to help you plan your wedding or event!