Win a FREE wedding DJ package, from Austin's best wedding and event DJ & photo booth services! We are very grateful to be one of the top wedding DJ companies in the Austin and central Texas. We have so many amazing clients, choosing us to be a part of the their special day. This holiday season, we want to give back to our community.
We know that there are many couples out there who want to have a great wedding, but may not have the budget to have the wedding of their dreams. We're here to help make your dream wedding a possibility! We also know that there are many great people out there who do great things in their community, too, who also deserve a gift back, for all that they give! Tell us your story, we want to hear it!
In the spirit of the holidays, and because we believe in giving back, we want to give a gift to one deserving couple. We will gift our wedding DJ package, FREE, which includes:
Here are the contest requirements:
The Fine Print - but it's not really fine print, because it's the same size :)
- Jason & Diana
Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
We wrote this article, last Spring, and decided to do an update, since some of the songs have changed and we like to keep the content and ideas up to date! Some of the popular songs from last year, have fallen off, and made way for new songs, as always. Every month, all year long, we have the honor of providing our Austin wedding DJ & Austin photo booth rentals for lots of happy couples from Austin, central Texas, and all over the United States. We are very grateful to be a part of so many special memories!
We have played numerous, great bride/groom processional and couple recessional songs for many happy couples! More and more, we're seeing less of the traditional wedding march songs and couple recessional songs. We always tell our clients, "it's your special day, make it your own! There's no need to do what everyone else does. Choose the music and the songs that fit you!"
One trend we're also seeing for late 2018 and 2019 weddings is live music for the ceremony, and key moment dances. I know you're thinking, I can't afford to add live musicians! Well, what we're seeing is family and friends of the couples, performing for their newlywed friends, so I'm sure it's cheap, or perhaps free, and better yet, they'll want to do an amazing job for your special day! :)
If you don't know any musicians, you can certainly still have the DJ play your special songs, too. Here are some of the popular non-traditional wedding processional and recessional songs we've played over the last year, as well as songs that people are requesting for their 2019 weddings. If you want to see our country wedding songs, check out our Top 15 Texas Country Wedding Songs article, as well as our 20 Great, Texas Country Wedding Songs, article, too! If you're looking for more reception song ideas, check out our Top 200 Must Play Wedding, Party, & Event Songs article.
If you want to hear any of the songs, just click on the video to play the song!
1. "Perfect" Ed Sheeran - There are a lot of different versions of this song, so be sure to listen to all of them. The acoustic version is a favorite, as well as the version with Andrea Bocelli!
2. "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri
3. "Sea of Love" by Cat Power
4. "If I Ain't Got You" Alicia Keys
5. "All You Need is Love" The Beatles (This is not the original version, since the original version is unavailable on YouTube).
6. "I Choose You" Sara Bareilles
7. "Come Away With Me" Norah Jones
8. "Best Day of my Life" by American Authors
9. "This Must Be the Place" Iron & Wine
10. "All My Life" KC & JoJo
11. "God Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts
12. "First Day of my Life" by Bright Eyes
13. "From the Ground Up" Dan + Shay
14. "God Gave Me You" - Blake Shelton
15. "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" - Landon Pigg
16. "This Will Be an Everlasting Love" Natalie Cole
17. "You & Me" - Dave Matthews Band
18. "Make You Feel My Love" Adele
19."In Case You Didn't Know" - Brett Young
20. "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" - Haley Reinhart
These are 20 of the more popular songs that we've seen for many of the weddings we do in our area. We didn't want to make the list too long, so we kept it at 20. However, as overachievers, we're going to include a few more popular songs, just in case you didn't like the ones above. :) Here are a few other great songs to consider for your wedding ceremony procession or recession. "La Vie En Rose" by Cristin Milioti, "You're the One That I Want" by Angus & Julia Stone (from Grease), "Forever" by Ben Harper, and "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds.
Many couples choose the songs, listed above, and many other couples chose the more traditional songs, such as Pachelbel's "Canon in D." We estimate about 70% of couples choose the non-traditional songs. There is no "best song" for the processional or recessional song. Again, we encourage you to pick the song that fits you!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Thank you to our amazing clients! We won another "Best of Weddings" awards from The Knot! Being a wedding DJ is not as easy as most people think it is. It's all about organization, time management, professionalism, customer service, and then, about being awesome, talented DJs!
We also won the 2019 Couple's Choice awards, again. We've won awards every year since we joined the Knot and Wedding Wire. We've also won "Best of Gigmasters," "Best of Decidio," and others. Thank you so much to our amazing Austin and central Texas clients. :)
- Jason & Diana
The Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths Team!
If you're planning a wedding, Quinceanera, party, or event, in 2019, in the Austin, Texas area, or anywhere, chances are you've hired a DJ, added a photo booth, and maybe even some awesome uplighting, games, etc. If you haven't done all that, yet, what are you waiting for? :) Regardless of which entertainment options you choose, one thing is for sure, the music is definitely one of the most important factors in keeping your event or party fun and entertaining! By the way, we know some great DJs, if you're looking for a DJ! :)
Regardless of which DJ/DJ company you hire, be sure that they know the hit songs to play, to keep you and your guests dancing, all night! Here's a great list that you can use, which includes fun songs from a variety of genres! These are the most common hit songs we play for the Austin and central Texas region. Every region may have slightly different lists, but most lists should include many of the songs, below.
These are the top 200 songs of all time! It's really hard to keep it to just 200 songs, but we'll try our best. Keep in mind, this is based on what we play and the majority of the events we do, are weddings. For parties, you can still use the list, but perhaps not play some of the slower songs.
For a breakdown of different genres, visit our online music library. You'll find a better breakdown of genres, as well as key moment songs, in our "popular list" section. Also, since we're in Texas, we have to include a great list of Texas Country and Country songs for your event! Check out our 20 Great Texas Country Wedding Songs article, for great song ideas! If you're looking for great non-traditional wedding processional or recessional songs, check out our 20 Great Non-Traditional Wedding Processional/Recessional Songs article.
We first wrote this article, in December of 2017. We've updated it, now, since it's almost 2019, already! Wow, 2018 flew by! :) Some songs have moved way up, others have moved down, and even some have dropped off the list, entirely! Either way, this is a great list of songs and you can still tell your DJ to play these songs and feel free to tell them Austin's Best DJs helped you create this great list! :)
Top 200 Songs for 2018/2019 Weddings Parties & Events
1. Cupid Shuffle Cupid 2007
2. Don't Stop Believin 'Journey 1981 Rock
3. Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)Neil Diamond 1969 Oldies
4. Cha-Cha Slide Mr. C The Slide Man 2000 Popular
5. Uptown Funk! Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno M ars 2014 Popular
6. Wobble V.I.C. 2008 Popular
7. I Gotta Feeling Black Eyed Peas 2009 Popular
8. Happy Pharrell Williams 2014 Popular
9. Shout Otis Day And The Knights/Isley Brothers 1967 Oldies
10. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) Whitney Houston 1987 Popular
11. Brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison 1967 Oldies
12. All Of Me John Legend 2013 Popular
13. You Shook Me All Night Long AC/DC 1980 Rock
14. Shut Up And Dance Walk The Moon 2014 Popular
15. Friends In Low Places Garth Brooks 1990 Country
16. Love Shack B-52's 1989 Popular
17. Party Rock Anthem LMFAO 2010 Popular
18. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) Beyonce 2008 Popular
19. Shake It Off Taylor Swift 2014 Popular
20. Yeah Usher 2004 Popular
21. Electric Slide Marcia Griffiths 1990 Popular
22. Blurred Lines Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. & Pharrell 2013 Popular
23. Thinking Out Loud Ed Sheeran 2014 Popular Mainstream
24. Baby Got Back Sir Mix-A-Lot 1992 Popular
25. Pour Some Sugar On Me Def Leppard 1987 Rock
26. Marry You Bruno Mars 2011 Popular
27. Livin' On A Prayer Bon Jovi 1986 Rock
28. Footloose Kenny Loggins 1984 Popular
29. Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton 1978 Ballad
30. The Way You Look Tonight Frank Sinatra 1964 Ballad
31. Billie Jean Michael Jackson 1982 Popular
32. Turn Down For What DJ Snake & Lil Jon 2013 Popular
33. Timber Pitbull feat Ke$ha 2014 Popular
34. Twist And Shout Beatles 1963 Oldies
35. Hey Ya! Outkast 2003 Popular
36. At Last Etta James 1961 Oldies
37. YMCA Village People 1975 Disco
38. Sugar Maroon 5 2015 Popular
39. Sexy Back Justin Timberlake 2006 Popular
40. Marry Me Train 2010 Popular
41. Low Flo Rida Featuring T-Pain 2007 Popular
42. We Are Family Sister Sledge 1979 Popular
43. My Girl Temptations 1965 Oldies
44. Cotton Eye Joe Rednex 1994 Country
45. Celebration Kool & The Gang 1980 Disco
46. Sweet Home Alabama Lynyrd Skynyrd 1974 Rock
47. Old Time Rock & Roll Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band 1978 Rock
48. Just Dance Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis 2008 Popular
49. What A Wonderful World Louis Armstrong 1967 Ballad
50. Cruise Florida Georgia Line Featuring Nelly 2012 Country
51. Thriller Michael Jackson 1982 Popular Mainstream
52. Country Girl (Shake It For Me)Luke Bryan 2011 Country
53. Wagon Wheel Darius Rucker 2013 Country
54. Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice 1990 Popular
55. Can't Help Falling In Love Elvis Presley With The Jordanaires 1961 Ballad
56. A Thousand Years Christina Perri 2011 Popular Mainstream
57. Get Low Lil' Jon & East Side Boyz Feat. Ying Yang Twins 2003 Popular
58. Dancing Queen ABBA 1976 Popular Mainstream
59. Party In The U.S.A. Miley Cyrus 2009 Popular Mainstream
60. Shots LMFAO Feat. Lil Jon 2009 Popular
61. Get Lucky Daft Punk Featuring Pharrell Williams 2013 Popular
62. Macarena Los Del Rio 1995 Popular
63. Moves Like Jagger Maroon 5 Featuring Christina Aguilera 2011 Popular
64. Sexy And I Know It LMFAO 2011 Popular
65. Build Me Up Buttercup Foundations 1968 Oldies
66. Wannabe Spice Girls 1996 Popular
67. This Is How We Do It Montell Jordan 1995 Popular
68. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough Michael Jackson 1979 Popular
69. God Gave Me You Blake Shelton 2011 Country
70. Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry 1976 Funk
71. Can't Stop The Feeling! Justin Timberlake 2016 Popular Mainstream
72. Gangnam Style Psy 2012 Popular
73. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing Aerosmith 1998 Ballad
74. Jump AroundHouse Of Pain 1992 Popular
75. Teach Me How To Dougie Cali Swag District 2010 Popular
76. I'm Yours Jason Mraz 2008 Popular Mainstream
77. All About That Bass Meghan Trainor 2014 Popular
78. Dynamite Taio Cruz 2010 Popular
79. Brick House Commodores 1977 Disco
80. Girls Just Want To Have Fun Cyndi Lauper 1984 Popular
81. Jessie's Girl Rick Springfield 1981 Popular
82 Just The Way You Are Bruno Mars 2010 Popular
83. We Found Love Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris 2011 Popular
84. Call Me Maybe Carly Rae Jepsen 2011 Popular
85. Thrift Shop Macklemore 2012 Popular
86. Pretty Young Thing (P.Y.T) Michael Jackson 1982 Popular
87. The Way You Make Me Feel Michael Jackson 1987 Popular
88. Push It Salt-N-Pepa 1987 Popular
89. Everything Michael Buble 2007 Ballad
90. Suit & Tie Justin Timberlake Featuring Jay Z 2013 Popular
91. The Twist Chubby Checker 1960 Oldies
92. Crazy In Love Beyonce Featuring Jay-Z 2003 Popular
93. Amazed Lonestar 1999 Country
94. Everybody (Backstreet's Back) Backstreet Boys 1998 Popular
95. DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love Usher Featuring Pitbull 2010 Popular
96. Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy) Big & Rich 2004 Country
97. Fancy Iggy Azalea Featuring Charli XCX 2014 Popular
98. Forever Chris Brown 2008 Popular
99. (I've Had) The Time Of My Life Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes 1987 Ballad
100. Die A Happy Man Thomas Rhett 2015 Country
101. Summer Of 69 Bryan Adams 1984 Rock
102. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) James Taylor 1975 Popular
103. Hot In Herre Nelly 2002 Popular
104. Unchained Melody Righteous Brothers 1965 Oldies
105. SeptemberEarth, Wind & Fire 1978 Disco
106. Yeah! Usher Featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris 2004 Popular
107. Ain't No Mountain High Enough Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell 1967 Oldies
108. Stand By Me Ben E. King 1961 Oldies
109. Can't Hold Us Macklemore 2013 Popular
110. Talk Dirty Jason Derulo Featuring 2 Chainz 2013 Popular
111. Chicken Fried Zac Brown Band 2008 Country
112. It's Your LoveTim McGraw with Faith Hill 1997 Country
113. Give Me Everything Pitbull Feat. Ne-Yo, AfroJack & Nayer 2011 Funk
114. Bless The Broken Road Rascal Flatts 2004 Country
115. Ho Hey Lumineers 2012 Popular
116. Better Together Jack Johnson 2005 Easy Listening
117. Boot Scootin' Boogie Brooks & Dunn 1991 Country
118. Faithfully Journey 1983 Ballad
119. Treasure Bruno Mars 2012 Popular
120. Bye Bye Bye NSYNC 2000 Dance
121. Signed Sealed Delivered Stevie Wonder 1970 Oldies
122. Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of...)Lou Bega 1999 Popular
123. Piano Man Billy Joel 1974 Ballad
124. Crazy Little Thing Called Love Queen 1980 Rock
125. 24K MagicBruno Mars 2016 Popular Mainstream
126. My Best Friend Tim McGraw 1999 Country
127. Best Day Of My Life American Authors 2013 Popular
128. I Won't Give Up Jason Mraz 2012 Ballad
129. Lucky Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat 2008 Ballad
130. Tik Tok Ke$ha 2009 Popular
131. My House Flo Rida 2015 Popular
132. Please Don't Stop The Music Rihanna 2007 Popular
133. Come on Eileen Dexy's Midnight Runners 1982 Popular
134. Cake By The Ocean DNCE 2015 Popular
135. Stayin' Alive Bee Gees 1978 Disco
136. Bust A Move Young M.C. 1989 Popular
137. All My LifeK-Ci & JoJo 1997 Ballad
138. Tootsee Roll 69 Boyz 1994 Popular
139. Let's Get It Started Black Eyed Peas 2003 Popular
140. Fly Me To The Moon Frank Sinatra 1964 Big Band
141. Beat It Michael Jackson 1983 Popular
142. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) Four Tops 1965 Oldies
143. Let's Stay Together Al Green 1972 R&B
144. Then Brad Paisley 2009 Country
145. Danza Kuduro Don Omar & Lucenzo 2011 Latin
146. My Wish Rascal Flatts 2006 Country
147. Watch Me Silento 2015 Popular
148. Take Me Home Tonight Eddie Money 1986 Oldies
149. Firework Katy Perry 2010 Popular
150. I Don't Dance Lee Brice 2014 Popular
151. OMGUsher Featuring will.i.am 2010 Popular
152. Gold Digger Kanye West Featuring Jamie Foxx 2005 Popular
153. Poker Face Lady Gaga 2009 Popular
154. Cheerleader OMI 2015 Popular
155. IgnitionR. Kelly 2003 R&B
156. Rock Your Body Justin Timberlake 2003 Popular
157. Crazy Girl Eli Young Band 2011 Country
158. Gettin' Jiggy Wit It Will Smith 1997 Popular
159. Bohemian Rhapsody Queen 1975 Rock
160. In Da Club50 Cent 2003 Popular
161. Come Away With Me Norah Jones 2003 Ballad
162. On The Floor Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull 2011 Popular
163. Wanted Hunter Hayes 2012 Country
164. Fireball Pitbull Featuring John Ryan 2014 Popular
165. Wagon Wheel Old Crow Medicine Show 2004 Country
166. Get Down Tonight KC & The Sunshine Band 1975 Disco
167. It's TrickyRun-D.M.C. 1986 Popular
168. This Is How We Roll Florida Georgia Line 2013 Country
169. I Cross My Heart George Strait 1992 Country
170. No Diggity Blackstreet Featuring Dr. Dre 1996 R&B
171. Raise Your Glass Pink 2010 Popular
172. Sweet Child O' Mine Guns N' Roses 1987 Rock
173. U Can't Touch This M.C. Hammer 1990 Popular
174. I Want It That Way Backstreet Boys 1999 Popular Mainstream
175. Right Round Flo Rida 2009 Popular
176. Bennie And The Jets Elton John 1974 Oldies
177. Make You Feel My Love Adele 2011 Ballad
178. Copperhead Road Steve Earle 1988 Popular
179. One More Time Daft Punk 2001 Alternative
180. You Are The Best Thing Ray Lamontagne 2008 Easy Listening
181. Shape Of YouEd Sheeran 2017 Popular Mainstream
182. Can't Feel My Face The Weeknd 2015 Popular
183. Boom Boom Pow Black Eyed Peas 2009 Popular
184. Isn't She Lovely Stevie Wonder 1976 Country
185. Trap Queen Fetty Wap 2015 Popular
186. Hips Don't Lie Shakira Feat. Wyclef Jean 2006 Popular
187. Dark Horse Katy Perry Featuring Juicy J 2013 Popular
188. I Want You To Want Me Cheap Trick 1979 Rock
189. I Like It Enrique Iglesias Feat. Pitbull 2010 Popular
190. What I Like About You Romantics 1980 Rock
191. When You Say Nothing At All Alison Krauss 1995 Country
192. ABC Jackson 5 1970 Oldies
193. Starships Nicki Minaj 2012 Popular
194. Margaritaville Jimmy Buffett 1977 Popular
195. All Summer Long Kid Rock 2008 Rock
196. That's What I Like Bruno Mars 2016 Popular Mainstream
197. Good Feeling Flo Rida 2011 Popular
198. Club Can't Handle Me Flo Rida Feat. David Guetta 2010 Popular
199. You And Me Lifehouse 2005 Ballad
200. Let Me Clear My Throat DJ Kool 1997 Hip Hop
If you'd like to hear this song, or play the entire playlist, here is our playlist link:
Top 200 Wedding, Party, Event Songs
If you're looking to hire a wedding DJ, in Austin, Central Texas, or anywhere, you definitely want to know the average cost to hire a DJ for your wedding, quinceanera, party of event. Let's be honest, price does matter! The surprising thing is, hardly any DJ and photo booth companies are still not upfront about their prices. We wrote this very popular article, 2.5 years ago, and it still remains true. (This article has received over 15,000 views).
Don't believe me? Stop reading, here, and do a quick search in Google, Bing, or whichever search engine you prefer, and search: "Wedding DJs Austin, DJ for weddings, photo booth, or photography booth, DJ near me," or whatever search terms you prefer, and look for pricing. You will be looking for a while, so come back when you're ready, we'll be here. :)
Why Don't Wedding DJ & Photo Booth Companies List Prices?
So let's discuss this a little further. First of all, why are DJ and photo booth companies so afraid to be upfront about their pricing? Why can't they be upfront with their customers? It's not like they can avoid telling you the price. You're most certainly going to ask, and they're eventually going to have to tell you.
Well, to be honest, there's a lot of literature out there that tells DJ and photo booth companies that they must "sell their customers on their value, first, so that the price doesn't scare them away." Here's a shocker: Price may scare customers away, anyway, even after hearing the long sales pitch.
The bottom line is, price does matter to nearly every customer, except for the wealthy customers and the top 1% of course. So let's answer this price question. For us, we at least list our starting prices and cannot list prices for everything, since it really varies, depending on the customer's needs, location of the event, size of the venue, number of people attending, how many sound systems we need to bring, lighting needs, etc. We cannot speak for all companies, but I can certainly give you a range of pricing, based on our most current research.
Average Price for Wedding DJs in Austin, TX
First, you can start at the lower end. You can go on Craigslist or Thumbtack, and find hundreds (literally) of DJs advertising their services on there. You'll find a lot of brand new DJs, offering low prices, simply because they want to gain experience. Well, I don't know about you, but I did not want a new DJ to learn on the job, at my wedding and I'm sure you don't want the same, at your wedding! Learning means, possibly making mistakes, so no thanks.
Ironically, one of our competitors got a recent review about this very thing happening to them! The bride complained about every mistake their DJ made, and then said that the DJ said "sorry, this is my first wedding." Though everyone has to start somewhere, they should not start at your wedding, at your expense. Even though the DJ company gave their bride a refund, it doesn't change the fact that that couple will NEVER get to have their perfect wedding that they spent countless hours planning for. As a DJ company, we know we only get one shot to make your day perfect and therefore, we do NOT hire new DJs or inexperienced DJs. It's not worth it. Many companies do, simply to pay their DJs less, and make more of a profit. We care more about our client's experiences, and NOT the profit we make. We know that doing an exceptional job is a must, and as long as we do, the profits will come. Sorry for the digression, but I can't emphasize the importance of professional, experienced DJs, enough! Back to the topic! :)
There are numerous DJs on Craigslist, Thumbtack, and even on Google Ads, using various marketing techniques, such as "Voted #1 in Austin, or Texas," or "super cheap DJ services" but you have to ask, based on which poll were they voted #1? "Super cheap" ummm... I don't know about you, but I always question the value of anything cheap. Sure, saving money is great, but if something is really cheap, you have to wonder why. The truth is, you have to do your own research on the companies or individuals you want to hire.
Next, you can simply take the time to draft an email, and email each company, individually, by filling out their contact forms, but, beware, you'll be bombarded with emails, calls, and text messages, all wanting your business. So be prepared for that. We've gotten feedback from many of our clients about this. It's surprising how high-pressure many of these sales staff can be. I presume they either get a commission, or will be the actual DJ at your event, so they really want your business. So when you send your emails, remember, it's like going to a car dealership, so be prepared. (Almost nobody likes to go to a car dealership). Our suggestion is to create a brand new email for your wedding, such as "JohnJaneDoeWedding@gmail.com" this way all those emails will go directly to that email, and not to your usual one. Just be sure to check it, often. :)
Lastly, you can also go on wedding professionals sites, such as The Knot, Wedding Wire, or Wedding.com, and you'll be able to email several DJ companies at once. This also gives you a chance to see pricing info, or at least a range, though still, many companies refuse to list their price on these sites, too, surprisingly. (Why are they hiding?)
The good thing about these sites is that they allow customers to leave reviews, so this will help you learn more about the DJ or photo booth company you're researching. This is probably your best bet. Companies that advertise on these sites, are companies that are the busiest, which means they usually have lots of experience. These sites are not cheap to advertise on (yes, we advertise on them, so we know how much it costs), so chances are, these companies will do their best to do a great job, since their reputation matters. It's a very competitive business, everywhere! There are hundreds, if not thousands of DJs in the Austin area, and more throughout the central Texas area.
So here's the bottom line: The prices can really vary in the Austin and Central Texas area. They can be as cheap as $200 for your entire wedding, quinceanera, or event, and higher, up to $4000 or more, for your event! The key is to find out what's included with your service.
The picture, above, is from the most recent research for wedding costs in downtown Austin, Texas. It lists the average price that most couples pay as between $568 - $946. It also lists the price you'll pay for well experienced professionals, as $1514 or more. We actually are well experienced professionals and charge a less than this, for our average wedding! Wow, what a great deal! :)
However, this does not give details about how many hours, or what's included with the service. If you are not having a wedding in the Austin area, you can easily find out how much the average cost is in your area, by simply visiting the cost of wedding website. Just put in your zip code and you'll see all the information for your area!
Wedding DJ Cost - Based on Number of Guests
The second picture, is a little more accurate, as it takes into account the number of guests at your wedding; however, again, it does not state the number of hours or what is included for this price. Not all DJ companies will charge based on the number of guests you have, but it does make a difference. DJ companies need to know the number of people and the size of the venue, in order to know what equipment is right for the best sound at your venue. There's a big difference between a wedding for 50 people, versus 300 people, in terms of what DJs will need to bring. Again, keep in mind, the above numbers are the "average" and you'll find some companies that charge more, and others that charge less.
Questions to Ask Your Wedding/Event DJ
Lastly, remember, you're interviewing them, so feel free to ask "Why should we hire you, versus the others?" Hint: Their answer should not be based on all their great equipment. Most people don't know the difference between DJ equipment brands, so this is irrelevant.
Questions to Ask Your Photo Booth Company
Overall, remember, you are in control of how much you spend for your event, not the DJ or photo booth company. Find out what the value is, for your money. What does the $4000 company do differently, than the $200 company, or the $1000 company? Do your research and pick the company that best suits your needs! Good luck, and as always, email us for questions. We're always happy to help everyone, whether they're a customer or not! :)
Be sure to check out our previous article on how much wedding DJs cost 2017/2018.
-Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Wedding planning is no easy feat and some brides even try to take on the task themselves. From the biggest aspects to the smallest details, there are many things that can fall through the cracks. Here are the top 5 details overlooked when wedding planning so you’re sure not to forget.
Planning a wedding, party, or event is stressful. There are numerous details to think about, and the first, of course, is your budget. Everyone wants to have an amazing wedding or event, and though some people can have an event and not worry about the cost (A-List celebrities), not everyone can enjoy this luxury.
Check out the article "Planning an A-Lister Wedding Party on a Budget" from our friends at Wow Event Hire, in the UK! They wrote a great article on this topic and we were also quoted, too! :) Enjoy the article and the great tips!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
If you're planning a 2019 wedding, quinceanera, sweet 16, holiday party, or any event, in the Austin/central Texas area, then you are definitely interested in the trends! Booking great entertainment should definitely always be a priority! Booking a great band, DJ, or live entertainment is always a must. However, it's always a great idea to consider booking other entertainment options, too. Not everyone dances, or is able to dance, so it's a good idea to consider other options. Here are a few entertainment options you can consider.
These are just a few great entertainment options that we've seen. We'll certainly write more as we see the trends. Best of luck in your wedding or event planning!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Austin's Best DJs
We've taken our decades of experience and compiled it into a few helpful articles, to help you plan your wedding or event!