Wedding processional and recessional songs are important! You definitely want to choose a song that fits your personality, or something that speaks to you as a couple. Sure, you could take the easy route and just play "Canon in D" from Pachabell, but that's not you! You're different and want your wedding to be different. That's why you're here, reading this, of course! :)
Last year, we wrote a similar article, 20 great non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs, which tons of people read, every day! What we noticed was that even the "non-traditional" songs, were starting to become the norm at many weddings. So... we decided to write another article, with different songs for you to consider. Feel free to read both articles and choose a song that works perfectly for your wedding ceremony! If you're looking for Country or Texas Country song ideas, please read our Texas Country Wedding Songs article. Any of those songs are great for the ceremony and definitely for the dance!
A recent survey was done, and participants were asked what they remembered most, from weddings they attended. The majority of participants said they remember the food, music, and basically the key moments and songs: ceremony processional/recessional songs, first dance, bouquet/garter toss, and the last song of the night. I guess they weren't paying attention to ALL of the other details, or were probably on their phones. :) That being said, at least they'll remember the important moments, and your ceremony is by far one of the most important moments of your wedding day, of course! So here is our updated list of songs for you to consider. Some of the songs may be similar, as they're great wedding songs, of course, but we don't play or hear them as much as others. If you don't know the song, just click the link to listen to it.
1. "You're the One That I Want" - Angus & Julia Stone (Yes, this is the song from Grease, but it's an awesome cover)
2. "God Only Knows" - The Beach Boys (a classic, and great wedding song)
3. "Here Comes the Sun" - The Beatles (always a great song for anytime during the wedding)
4. "Forever" - Ben Harper
5. "The Luckiest" - Ben Folds
6. "Lost in the Moment" Big & Rich
7. "La Vie En Rose" - Cristin Milioti (This is a great cover and actually from a "How I Met Your Mother episode, believe it or not)
8. "From the Ground Up" - Dan + Shay
9. "For My Wedding" - Don Henley
10. "Perfect Symphony" - Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli Yes, this is "Perfect," from Ed Sheeran, but it's very different. We saw Andrea Bocelli, live, and wow, he was amazing!
11. "Without You" - Eddie Vedder (for the Alternative Rock lovers, here's a great song from one of the best Alt Rock singers)
12. "Songbird" - Fleetwood Mac (Just a great song for any time)
13. "To Make You Feel My Love" - Garth Brooks (Adele's version is very popular for weddings, so you can be different and play Garth's version)
14. "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Haley Reinhart (This is popular, and when you hear it, you'll know why)
15. "Stand By Me" - Ben E. King (This song is a classic and yes, it was even played at the Royal wedding).
So there you have it, some different, non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs. You can use these for the first dance, candle or sand ceremony, or any moment, since they're all great songs, that are not over-played. If you want to take it a step further, you can even just get the instrumental remakes of any of these songs, too! Happy planning and congratulations!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
When it comes to your wedding day, there are numerous special moments that happen throughout the night. One moment that many couples forget about, is their wedding exit song. If you're doing a send-off with sparklers, bubbles, glow sticks, or whatever you're using, make your send-off more special, with a great song to exit to. You can also use any of these songs as a non-traditional wedding recessional song, too!
These are the top songs we've seen for our 2018 and spring 2019 weddings - some clients have already sent us their song lists - those overachievers! :) These are all great songs. Feel free to click the song, to listen to the song and watch the video.
We hope this list has been helpful. There are numerous other great songs to choose from, of course. If none of these songs fit you and your style, be sure to choose a song that fits you! We've seen many other songs used, as well, but these are the most popular songs we see at our Austin/central Texas weddings.
Be sure to check out our 20 Great Non-Traditional Wedding Processional/Recessional Songs article, as well as our Top 15 Texas Country Wedding Songs, or 20 Great Texas Country Wedding/Love Songs article, for other great song ideas for your wedding!
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Austin's Best DJs
We've taken our decades of experience and compiled it into a few helpful articles, to help you plan your wedding or event!