Weddings happen just about every day, every month, all year, here in the Austin and central Texas area. We know that weekday weddings are not as common, but we've provided our DJ and photo booth services for weddings on every day of the week, believe it or not! With so many weddings happening, sometimes, you may have trouble finding vendors for your particular wedding date. Especially in the fall, on a Saturday, in central Texas. That's the busiest time of the year for weddings, here. So if you're reading this and you haven't secured all of your wedding vendors, it's time to start booking, ASAP!
One trend we've noticed over the last year, is that more and more couples are asking a friend of family member to be their wedding officiant! You may thinking "what? How is that possible? Don't you have to be an ordained minister or judge?" The short answer is, it depends. The US wedding laws vary from state to state, and sometimes even county to county. You can look up your state's laws on the getordained website. By no means are we saying we don't think you should hire a wedding officiant. We have worked with many great wedding officiants and are always happy to work with them. We've also worked with many friends and family of our clients, who have done a great job. Many clients tell us that they're happy they chose a friend or family member to perform their wedding, because it added a personal touch.
Let's discuss the Texas laws, since that's the area we service. The state marriage laws for Texas are pretty straightforward. You can officiate a wedding in 5 easy steps. Here they are.
1. Become an Ordained Minister - Don't worry, you don't have to get a degree in theology or anything. You can simply become ordained, online, FREE! Yes, free! Simply look up how to become an ordained minister, online, and you'll see a few websites. You can visit the site we mentioned above, again, getordained.org to learn more. It only takes a few minutes and is pretty easy. Jason and Diana have even done this, just in case any of our DJs ever run into an officiant doing a "no-show" at any of our weddings, Jason or Diana can easily step right in and perform the ceremony! We got our customers' back! :)
2. Check Your County's Marriage Requirements - If you're on the getordained website, simply find the county you'll be getting married in. For Travis County, you basically have to be over 18, be ordained, and the couple has to have their marriage certificate for you to sign. Be sure to sign the certificate as the "minister" and the religion will be under "non-denominational." Be sure to have the couple return the signed copy before the deadline. Also, you don't have to be a resident of Texas to perform the ceremony.
3. Order Supplies - You won't need many supplies, but if you'd like to be prepared, you can order a certificate holder, and even an Ordained Minister ID card. You can order business cards, a minister stole, and even a letter of good standing, but these aren't necessary. Just be sure to have the ceremony info that you'll read, either on a tablet, or printed out. It's also a good idea to do a sound check with your DJ or sound person, before the ceremony.
4. Obtain the Valid Marriage License - In Texas, a marriage license is valid for 90 days. This means that the ceremony has to be performed and the license must be sign, within 90 days of the issued date. The license must be returned and signed within 30 days of the signed date.
5. Prepare - This last step seems obvious, but we're saying it again. Be sure to have your ceremony script printed out or on a tablet, and simply fill in the names the couple would like to use. Rehearse it, a few times, too. You want to be comfortable. This is still public speaking, after all; reading in front of a lot of people can be hard for some people.
Overall, these are the 5 easy steps of how even you, can be perform weddings! As always, feel free to contact us for any questions or help.
- Austin's Best DJs & Photo Booths
Wedding & Event Planning Tips - Written By Certified Wedding/Event Planners!
We've taken our decades of experience and compiled it into a few helpful articles, to help you plan your wedding or event!
All 2018/2019 Quinceanera Trends 2018/2019 Wedding Song Ideas 2018/2019 Wedding Trends 4th Of July Event ABDJs Featured In Brides Magazine Anniversary Party Tips Apartment Event DJ Austin Bridal Show Austin Karaoke Dj Austin Quinceanera Djs Austins-best-djs-day Austin Uplighting Austin Wedding Djs Austin Wedding Planner Band Vs Dj For Wedding Bangladeshi-wedding-entrance Become A Wedding Officiant - Online Big Fake Wedding Dripping Springs Birthday Party Dj Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Bouquet & Garter Toss Songs Bridal Shower Planning Tips Cinco De Mayo Playlist Cocktail Hour Playlist College Event DJ Community Events Festivals Corporate Event DJ Country Love Songs Country Wedding Songs Custom Monogram Destination Wedding Planning Tips DIY Planning Tips DJ Austin DJ Cost For New Year's Eve Driftwood Dj Dripping Springs Dj Father Daughter Songs Fiesta-gardens-austin Fortnite Promposal Free Wedding Dj Package Gonzales Wedding DJ Graduation Party Dj Gratuity For Wedding And Event Vendors Halloween Party Playlist Hang The DJ Holiday Party DJ Holiday Party Ideas Kyle Photo Booth Rental Kyle Wedding DJ Lawn Giant Game Rentals Austin Leander Bluegrass Festival Leander Liberty Fest LGBTQ Wedding Vendor Lighted Marquee Letter Rental Mobile Beat DJ Magazine Money Saving Tips Mother Son Songs Multicultural Wedding New Year's Eve Party Non Traditional Wedding Processional Songs Non Traditional Wedding Recessional Songs Non Traditional Wedding Songs Order Custom First Dance Mix Photo Booth Ideas Photo Booth Rental Austin Photo Booth Rental Cost Photo Booth Rental Leander Photo Booth Rental New Year's Eve Photo Booth Rental San Antonio Photo Booth Rental Tips Photo Booth Trends Pool Party DJs Project Graduation DJ Prom DJ Austin Prom Photo Booth Promposal Trends Questions For Wedding Vendors Quinceanera DJ Quinceanera Expo Quinceanera Father Daughter Songs Quinceanera Photo Booth Quinceanera Planning Tips Rent A Generator For Events Retirement Party Royal Wedding Music San Marcos DJ San Marcos Photo Booth School Dance DJ Spotify Vs Wedding DJ Sweet 15 & 16 DJ Texas Country Wedding Songs Tips For Hiring Mariachis Tips To Relieve Stress & Anxiety Top 10 Austin Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Places Top 10 Brunch Places Austin Top 200 Wedding Songs 2018/2019 Top Quinceanera Songs TX Wedding Planning Tips Unique Wedding Themes Wedding Budget Spreadsheet Wedding Coordinator Wedding DJ Buda Wedding DJ Cost Wedding Dj Dripping Springs Wedding DJ Questions Wedding Entrance Exit Songs Wedding Games Wedding Hashtag Generator Wedding Photo Booth Rental Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Wedding Timeline What Is A Quinceanera What To Weat To A Quinceanera Wimberley Wedding DJs Zilker Clubhouse Austin