When it comes to the top love songs, we’ve got you covered. We provide DJs for weddings and events, every weekend, all over Austin and Central Texas! We definitely know the best wedding love songs and quite possibly, even all of the best love songs lyrics, too! 🙂
We’re going to discuss the top 21 love songs of all time, that you’ll actually want to play at your wedding. Let’s be honest, “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” is an awesome song, but not quite the best song to play at a wedding. So let’s dive right into the top 21 love songs for weddings, now.
Top 21 Love Songs of All Time: 1-10
This list was quite tough to create. There are so many awesome love songs. We’re basing this list on the requests we get, as well as the most popular songs that are requested across the US. I’m 100% sure that we’re going to leave off some great ones, so feel free to comment with any of your favorites! Here’s the list.
- “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie & Diana Ross. In 1981, this song was #1 for 9 straight weeks. It’s still a great love song to play at some point in the wedding. It can be during the ceremony or reception. We don’t see it for the first dance, much, but it’s still perfect for weddings!
- “We Found Love” by Rihanna & Calvin Harris is a newer song that’s perfect for non-traditional style couples who want more upbeat music. Though it’s not thought to be a “love song” since it’s not slow, it’s still great for weddings, especially when the dance floor is packed!
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston, is still a great song! People also play the Dolly Parton version, as well.
- “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion, is a great love song that is perfect for parent and bride/groom dances!
- “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Queen, has definitely made a comeback, in the last year! This 1980 hit is perfect for the wedding party or couple’s grand entrance, send-off, or even the couple recession song!
- “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green. This song needs no explanation. 🙂 Perfect for any time, and any event.
- “Unchained Melody” is perfect for weddings. The Righteous Brothers probably never knew this song would still be played at weddings, over 50 years later! Your older relatives will definitely dance to this one, put it on your must-play list!
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” is perfect for weddings. There are numerous versions of this song. The most popular ones we play are by Elvis, and Kina Grannis. Many people use these for the first dance, as well as ceremony songs!
- “Something” by the Beatles, is still awesome. This 1969 classic is timeless and perfect for weddings!
- “All My Life” by K-Ci & JoJo is still perfect for the first dance, or even the wedding ceremony! You gotta remember this from the school dances. 🙂
The above songs are the top 10 wedding love songs. Let’s get to the remaining 11 songs.
Top Wedding Love Songs: 11-21
- “Love Story” by Taylor Swift, is a fun wedding song. This isn’t quite as popular as it was a few years ago, but still a great song!
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston is still very popular for wedding receptions! This is a fun, upbeat song that makes it onto almost every must-play list for the weddings we do. It’s not your normal love song, but still perfect for weddings!
- “By Your Side” by Sade, is a great love song! This is a great song for any time during the wedding.
- “Faithfully” by Journey, is making a comeback, as well. Yes, your mom and dad used to blast this song, and you can play it for them at your wedding!
- “Tupelo Honey” by Van Morrison, is another classic love song. The lyrics are deep. You should definitely add this to your playlist.
- “I Only Have Eyes For You” by The Flamingoes is a classic song that doesn’t get as much recognition as it should. This quintet needs to be on your playlist, too!
- “Crazy” by Aerosmith is perfect for couples who want to add a rock song to their list. We often play this during cocktail hour or dinner.
- “Crazy in Love” by Beyonce is still a great song! It’s hard to believe it came out in 2003! This is perfect for the wedding reception, as an entrance song, or any time during the wedding!
- “Love Song” is also a great song for weddings. The Cure’s version is still really popular, as well as Adele’s remake of it. This tends to be a good song for cocktail hour or dinner.
- “Your Song” is a great song. Elton John’s music is perfect for any event. We play this a lot for key dances, in addition to the other great Elton hits!
- “God Only Knows” by the Beach Boys, is still a great song for any wedding. We see it for a lot of parent dances. Paul McCartney, himself, said this was one of the greatest songs ever written!
Best ’80s Wedding Songs
When it comes to great music, ’80s music seems to always make it onto any of our event playlists. We actually have an all 80s music event coming up, soon. For weddings, there are some fun songs that you can play. The upbeat ones tend to be the ones we play most often.
The above songs from the top 21 love songs are the most popular ’80s hits that we play. Here are a few other great ’80’s love songs and fun ’80s songs for weddings & events.
- “Just Can’t Get Enough” – Depeche Mode
- “White Wedding” – Billy Idol
- “With or Without You” – U2
- “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now – Starship
- “Keep on Loving You” – Reo Speedwagon
- “Don’t Stop Believin”- Journey (always a must-play song)
- “Love Shack” – B 52s
- “Shook Me All Night Long” AC/DC
- “Livin on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
- “Take on Me” – A-Ha
- “Time of My Life” (yes, the Dirty Dancing song) 🙂
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper
- “Let’s Dance” – David Bowie
- “You Make My Dreams Come True” – Hall & Oates
- “Footloose” – Kenny Loggins
- “Billie Jean” – Michael Jackson
- “Kiss” – Prince (1999 is another favorite)
- “Africa” – Toto (the remake has also brought this one back)
- “Push It” – Salt’N Peppa
- “Another One Bites the Dust” – Queen
Yes, we realize that we didn’t include the top 21 love songs in the above list, but we’re giving you bonus songs, since we included the top love songs, first. 🙂
Top ’90s Wedding Love Songs
A wedding, today, isn’t complete without adding ’90s music. Besides the above hits and the obvious N’Sync, Backstreet Boys, and Spice Girls songs, here is a great list of other top ’90s wedding songs!
- “You’re Still the One” – Shania Twain
- “Everything I Do” – Bryan Adams
- “I Will Always Love You” – Whitney Houston
- “Amazed” – Lonestar
- “You Were Meant For Me” – Jewel
- “I’d Do Anything For Love” Meat Loaf
- “Have I Told You Lately” -Rod Stewart
- “I Knew I Loved You” – Savage Garden
- “Truly, Madly, Deeply” – Savage Garden
- “Friday, I’m in Love” – The Cure
- “I Love the Way You Love Me” – John Michael Montgomery
- “Carrying Your Love With Me” – George Strait
- “No Ordinary Love” – Sade
- “Crash Into Me” – Dave Matthews
- “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” – Aerosmith
- “How Do I Live” – Leann Rimes
- “Always Be My Baby” – Mariah Carey
- “Because You Loved Me” – Celine Dion (great for parent dance songs)
- “I Wanna Grow Old With You” – Adam Sandler – yes, Adam Sandler 🙂
- “As Long as You Love Me” – Backstreet Boys
Top Country Love Songs
In addition to the songs that made the top 21 love songs list, as well as the ’80s and ’90s list, here are some more great Country love songs for your wedding or any event!
- “Copperhead Road” – Steve Earle
- “Forever and Ever, Amen – Randy Travis
- “Fishin in the Dark” – Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- “I Cross My Heart” – George Strait
- “Bless the Broken Road” – Rascal Flatts
- “It’s Your Love” – Tim McGraw
- “God Gave Me You” – Blake Shelton
- “Amazed” – Lonestar
- “From This Moment” – Shania Twain
- You’re Still the One” – Shania Twain
- “Die a Happy Man” Thomas Rhett
- “From the Ground Up” – Dan + Shay
- “Keeper of the Stars” – Tracy Byrd
- “I Hope You Dance” – Lee Ann Womack
- “My Wish” – Rascal Flatts
- “My Best Friend” – Tim McGraw
- “Speechless” – Dan + Shay
- “She’s Everything” – Brad Paisley
- “You Make it Easy” – Jason Aldean
- “Greatest Love Story” Lanco
Texas Country Wedding Songs
I know you’re wondering about the Texas Country hits. Please visit our Top Texas Country wedding/love songs blog for great song ideas! We have a few different blogs for Texas Country since well, we’re in Texas and it’s a favorite genre! 🙂 We hope this list of the top 21 love songs has been helpful. Oh, and yes, we realize that it is far more than 21 songs, but we’re overachievers, as you already know. 🙂
Feel free to comment and add any songs that you think should have made the top 21 love songs list. It’s always great to hear from our readers!
-Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths