Looking for awesome Cinco de Mayo songs? We’ve got the perfect playlist for you. Although we should note that these songs are great to play any time of year, even if it’s not Cinco de Mayo! 🙂
I know it’s hard to believe, but May is already here! That means Cinco de Mayo festivities will be going on all weekend! Cinco de Mayo has become a pretty big celebration, especially with social media, in the last few years! If you’re having a Cinco fiesta, you’ll definitely need some great music!
You just can’t have a great party, without great music! With that being said, we wanted to give you some great Cinco de Mayo songs & ideas, to liven up your Cinco Celebration!
Mainstream Spanish & Latin Songs
Keep in mind, we often get booked for public events, where there are lots of people in attendance. We play music for the masses, so these song choices are great songs that most people will know and recognize. We’re not playing truly authentic Mexican or Spanish music that only Spanish-speaking people will know.
We also are not playing Cinco de Mayo songs that only people who listen to Latin or Spanish genres will know. However, if the client asks us to play traditional songs, of course, we can also do this (though we’ll add a few classic ones that they will know).
We always try to play fun, upbeat Cinco de Mayo songs that people have heard and songs that will get them dancing! Here are a few great songs to add to your fiesta playlist! We wanted to number them, but then people may think we put them in order and they’d argue which should have been first, etc. 🙂 If you aren’t familiar with the song, simply click on it, to listen to it.
Fun Cinco de Mayo Songs
- “Suavemente” – Elvis Crespo – It’s hard to have a party and not play this song if people want to hear Merengue or “Latin” music! Another favorite Elvis Crespo hit, is “Tu Sonrisa.”
- “La Vida es Un Carnival” – Celia Cruz – This song is also a must-play when people ask for Salsa or “Latin” music! Everyone loves this song! Be sure to other favorites, “Quimbara” & “Guantanamera!”
- “Oye Como Va” – Tito Puente – This song is known for it’s cha-cha sound. Many people love this original, as well as Carlos Santana’s cover of it. Both are great!
- “Danza Kuduro” – Don Omar – This song is always a fun, upbeat favorite that people love to dance to!
- “Bailando” – Enrique Iglesias – This is still a fun song that people love to dance to!
- “Vivir Mi Vida” – Marc Anthony – Marc Anthony’s amazing vocals continue to captivate audiences around the world. This Salsa hit is always a crowd favorite! Another great Salsa hit of Marc Anthony’s is “Ahora Quien.”
- “Gasolina” – Daddy Yankee – This very song made the Reggaeton genre popular, internationally and people still love it!
- “Despacito” – Yes, this song has definitely been played a ton, in the last year, but with over 3 BILLION views on YouTube, people clearly love this song! 🙂
More Great Spanish Songs
- “Como La Flor” – Selena – You have to play Selena, ESPECIALLY if you’re having a party in Texas! Be sure to include, “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” and “Amor Prohibido” in your Selena mix!
- “Obsession” – Aventura – You can’t have a good Latin song list, without including at least one Bachata song. Though Romeo Santos is now on his own, he continues to make great Bachata songs! “Propuesta Indecente” is always a good Bachata hit to play, too!
- “El Rey” Vicente Fernandez – If you want to really go for the fiesta sound, you can’t go wrong with Mariachi music and Vicente Fernandez! If there is a birthday happening, a great, traditional song to play from Vicente, is “Las Mananitas.” By the way, Vicente Fernandez is as traditional as it gets for Cinco de Mayo songs! 🙂
- “Tragos Armagos” – Ramon Ayala – Most great Mexican parties end with this great song! 🙂
We hope this list helps you have a great Cinco de Mayo celebration. These Cinco de Mayo songs are great for any time, all year! If you’re looking for more great party songs, read our Top Wedding & Party Songs article for lots of great song ideas!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths