Non-Traditional Wedding Ceremony Songs
If you’re searching for the latest 2021 non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs, you’ve come to the right place! We wrote this article, last spring, and decided to do an update since some of the songs have changed and we like to keep the content and ideas up to date! Some of the popular songs from last year, have fallen off, and made way for new songs, as always.
Every month, all year long, we have the honor of providing our Austin wedding DJ services & Austin & central, TX photo booth rentals for lots of happy couples from Austin, San Antonio, and central Texas, and all over the United States. We are very grateful to be a part of so many special memories!
We have played numerous, great bride/groom processional and couple recessional songs for many happy couples! More and more, we’re seeing less of the traditional wedding march songs and couple recessional songs. We always tell our clients, “it’s your special day, make it your own! There’s no need to do what everyone else does. Choose the music and the songs that fit you!”
Wedding Ceremony Song Trends
One trend we’re also seeing for 2020 weddings is live music for the ceremony and key moment dances. I know you’re thinking, I can’t afford to add live musicians! Well, what we’re seeing is family and friends of the couples, performing for their newlywed friends, so I’m sure it’s cheap, or perhaps free, and better yet, they’ll want to do an amazing job on your special day! 🙂
If you don’t know any musicians, you can certainly still have the DJ play your special songs, too. Here are some of the popular non-traditional wedding processional and recessional songs we’ve played over the last year, as well as songs that people are requesting for their 2021 weddings.
If you want to see our country wedding songs, check out our Top 15 Texas Country Wedding Songs article. If you’re looking for more reception song ideas, check out our Top 200 Must-Play Wedding & Party Songs article.
If you want to hear any of the non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs, visit our YouTube playlist, here.
Top 8 Non-Traditional Wedding Processional & Recessional Songs
Here is the quick, top 8 list, without the videos. The full list is below the top 8 list.
1. “A Thousand Years” (Christina Perri) Piano Guys version
Top 20 Non-Traditional Wedding Processional/Recessional Songs
9. “Perfect” Ed Sheeran – There are a lot of different versions of this song, so be sure to listen to all of them. The acoustic version is a favorite, as well as the version with Beyonce, and even with Andrea Bocelli! This song is also great for your first dance, couple introduction, or even the last song of the night or send-off!
10. “I Won’t Give Up” – Jason Mraz
11. “All of Me” – John Legend. Yes, you’ve heard this song a lot at many weddings in the last few years. It’s still a great song for any time during the wedding.
12. “Marry You” – Bruno Mars. This song is still great for the procession, recession, or even the send-off!
13. “You are the Reason” – Calum Scott
14. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” – Israel Kamakawiwoʻole
15. “In Case You Didn’t Know” – Brett Young. A great Country song for any time during the wedding!
16. ”First Day of my Life” by Bright Eyes – This is a perfect non-traditional wedding processional/recessional song. We see it used more for the ceremony procession.
17. “You & Me” – Dave Matthews Band
18. “Stand By Me” – Florence and the Machine.
19. “In My Life” – The Beatles.
20. “Speechless” – Dan + Shay
More Great Wedding Processional & Recessional Ceremony Songs
“La Vie En Rose” by Cristin Milioti
“You’re the One That I Want” by Angus & Julia Stone (song from Grease)
“Forever” by Ben Harper
“The Luckiest” by Ben Folds
“The Book of Love” by Peter Gabriel (this song is different and trending. Bonus info: we did an event with Peter Gabriel, a few years ago!
Many couples choose the songs, listed above, and many other couples chose the more traditional songs, such as Pachelbel’s “Canon in D.” We estimate about 70% of our couples are choosing non-traditional wedding processional/recessional songs. There is no “best song” for the procession or recession song. Again, we encourage you to pick the perfect song that fits you!
– Austin’s Best DJs & Photo Booths